`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off topic, but ... heading north...

off topic, but ... heading north...
Got a family vacation coming up the last week of this month, so I'll probably be a bit slower in responding to trade offers (and definitely in shipping them if that's needed). We're headed to Canada for the first time ever - my wife booked us a week in a place called Bighorn Meadows Resort, in Radium Hot Springs BC - very excited about this trip. If anybody's got tips on things I should know, or neat stuff to do, I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions!!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: off topic, but ... heading north...
Oh wow I havn't been to Radium for a long time. Enjoy the scenery and the hot springs, if you have a vehicle take the time to travel to Banff. About an hour and a halve away.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

Wow thats right near where I grew up, You will have a great time for sure! Enjoy the hot springs for sure! All my family live around that area still, hoping to get back this year for xmas

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

(05-12-2013, 10:54 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: Oh wow I havn't been to Radium for a long time. Enjoy the scenery and the hot springs, if you have a vehicle take the time to travel to Banff. About an hour and a halve away.
We'll have a vehicle, I think we fly into Calgary and drive the rest of the way. I expect to put a lot of miles on that car...

Very nice, definitely make sure you travel through the National Park then!

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

Hi Mark, as we spoke briefly about your trip during our last trade, I amy have not mentioned the nicest route if flying into Alberta would be to fly into Edmonton then travel by vehicle to Jasper for a quick visit and continue through the national parks south too Radium..that is a trip worth seeing if the weather is even half nice... the sights around Jasper are incredible as well the wildlife, then the Columbia Ice field is en-route and so on and so on..good luck and have a time..the Family will enjoy.
Dave
Canucks fan for life

Last time I was at Radium was 19something. If it hasn't changed too much you'll love it.
I don't know if I'd want to do the Edmonton-Jasper thing. Seems like a lot of mountain driving for this is time of year.
If you do get the chance to head into Banff, do it. It's such a cool little town with tons of scenery.

If you like it, wait for July and come to Kelowna. Just keep touring BC, this place is great!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(05-13-2013, 10:49 AM)wickabee Wrote: Seems like a lot of mountain driving for this is time of year.
?? Is it dicey driving in the mountains up there this time of year?? Like I said, my first time to Canada, not at all sure what to expect....

You fly into Calgary, head west and should drop into either Canmore or Banff at least for the day. That is 1.5 hours west on the Trans Canada Highway. Then you head west on the #1 until you get to the Highway 93 turnoff and head south about 1.2 hours to Radium. There are plenty of incredible things to see along that road. So much wildlife including possible bears and wolves, moose, elk etc. Pack a lunch and plan to stop along Highway #93 about half way for lunch. Then onto radium. Its is a very hilly trip through mountains but you will be fine. You drop a long way down coming into Radium and the Springs are on your left hand side just past the second tunnel coming down the mountains. Tons of golf and hiking in this area. You can go down to Invermere from Radium which is about 25 minutes south. Better shopping and grocery stores there. Some funky shops etc. and a big lake. Tourist season is just starting up so not a ton going on, except this is the May long weekend in Canada so first real busy weekend of the year. You can actually still ski in Banff right now. Anyway, have fun you will enjoy it a ton. Great place we go every year. One more thing B.C stands for Bring Cash, bit pricey for some things but not too bad. Gas will be $1.35-$1.40/litre. Buy your booze in Calgary or Banff as it is still Alberta and has no Sales Tax. Above all else. enjoy your stay! Smile

(05-13-2013, 08:54 PM)mswatson Wrote: ?? Is it dicey driving in the mountains up there this time of year?? Like I said, my first time to Canada, not at all sure what to expect....
That sounds more like BC chirping AB to me. I did the Edmonton-Jasper-Banff drive through the mountains and it should be spectacular this time of year (the last snow has melted in Edmonton/Calgary). I was there nearer to winter and found the drive to be quite safe.

My favorite leg was Jasper (Athabasca Falls and the ice fields in particular). Co-sign with geeman62 & co. completely.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee