`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Bowman Chrome Auto Checklist

Thoughts on Bowman Chrome Auto Checklist
Anyone else think that the Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto checklist is a little thin this year? Besides the 2 big guys and a couple of other solid prospects I think that the checklist is kinda not good. There is really only about 4 autographs that are selling above $20. Maybe I am just bummed from my terrible Jumbo box I picked up yielding a Clayton Blackburn Base Auto, C.J. Edwards Base Auto and a Wyatt Mathisen Ref Auto/500. Compared to 2012 and 2011 Bowman this new release is nowhere near those 2 past issues.

RE: Thoughts on Bowman Chrome Auto Checklist
Who knows maybe time will tell that some of these guys may be good pulls some day
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I think there's just a whole lot of really low level ball guys unlike last year.
It's a decent year for rangers prospects lots of guys, got beras in my blaster and picked up sardinas for 3 bucks on eBay.....might trying getting the refractor variations of the rangers players

If you are thinking of trading your autos I don't have cj Edwards yet so I'd be interested

its not just for the chrome in general there are not a lot of big name prospects in this set.
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

not every year is going to have a harper or strasburg
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(05-12-2013, 06:36 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: not every year is going to have a harper or strasburg
+1

Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I think there is a big difference between whether a prospect is selling well and whether a prospect is any good. I think this set has some really good prospects and I am personally glad they aren't selling very well because I can invest in higher end cards pretty cheaply. Lowers my risk and increases my return. It's hard to turn a huge profit when the cards come out selling really high.

I think the bigger problem is there aren't enough signers, leading to the few signing thousands of cards each.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(05-12-2013, 06:36 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: not every year is going to have a harper or strasburg
I get that but usually there are a few more prospects that are more notable when a product comes out. I think these boxes are way overpriced for the stature of players in it

(05-14-2013, 03:47 PM)joba the clark Wrote: I get that but usually there are a few more prospects that are more notable when a product comes out. I think these boxes are way overpriced for the stature of players in it
Buxton and beras are pretty good ones to get, might prove to be really good purchases in a few years.....or could bust and be worth nothing