`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bowman Jumbo - I'm a little PO'd!

Bowman Jumbo - I'm a little PO'd!
Okay, so I got my annual box of Bowman this year - decided to go for Jumbo instead of Hobby. Here are the highlights (and low-lights)

Refractor (non-auto) numbered to 500: Byron Buxton

Regular chrome auto: Jesse Biddle

Regular chrome auto: Mark Montgomery

Refractor chrome auto numbered to 500: Gregory Polanco

While I thought my autos were okay, here is the problem:

FORTY-FOUR of the regular prospect cards (not the chrome) were mis-printed so badly that I will have to ship them back for replacement. Has anybody else had this problem?

RE: Bowman Jumbo - I'm a little PO'd!
Last year I did....sent em back and they replaced them. Topps is usually pretty good with stuff like that. Nice autos to by the way....much better than my Jumbo box of crap....my auto hits were Mathisen Ref/500, Edwards Base and Blackburn Base. Is that Polanco for trade? He is the one guy that I actually want besides the obvious Buxton and Correa.

(05-12-2013, 08:06 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Last year I did....sent em back and they replaced them. Topps is usually pretty good with stuff like that. Nice autos to by the way....much better than my Jumbo box of crap....my auto hits were Mathisen Ref/500, Edwards Base and Blackburn Base. Is that Polanco for trade? He is the one guy that I actually want besides the obvious Buxton and Correa.
Thanks - I thought they were pretty decent autos too. I'll probably hold on to all of them - but, if I decide to trade the Polanco, I'll let you know. I will definitely be shipping these cards back to Topps - I've had to do that before but I've never had that many to ship back LOL!

How were they misprinted?
Someone said that they purposely left off the names of some cards and whoever sends in a complete set of "nameless ones" would win something ....unless they were just yankin' my chain?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-12-2013, 02:56 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: How were they misprinted?
Someone said that they purposely left off the names of some cards and whoever sends in a complete set of "nameless ones" would win something ....unless they were just yankin' my chain?
Ya know, I've read about that here before, too. But I've yet to see anything about this being true. Just, "A guy I know heard from a guy he knows," type of stuff.

If it's intentional and there's some sort of "reward" for it, Topps does an awful job of promoting it.
Kepler

Trading the Biddle auto?
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

I'd be interested in the Buxton. Check me.
Always looking for Twins and Vikings.

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/e...3/library/

Nah - all the names are printed - they're just printed too high or too low and sometimes they're printed right over the team name. Here are some examples.

misprinted errors

Okay, those are really bad and need to be replaced! I'd be PO'd too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Just a little update - I called Topps about the problem of 44 misprinted prospect cards (including Correa, Buxton, Polanco, etc.) and they told me I could ship them all back at the same time and they would replace them. When I asked them about the shipping charges, she said she would send me some "product" to help compensate. I thought maybe they would send me some unopened packs of Bowman, but, they sent me four packs of regular Topps and one pack of Topps Opening Day - I didn't pull anything interesting out of them but better than nothing I guess. Anyway, I did receive a replacement for all 44 cards yesterday in the mail. Just wanted to let you all know in case you had the same problem.