(05-09-2013 06:56 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: this is a joke, right?
(05-10-2013 09:01 AM)rayeates Wrote: I can tell you all now that this is not a joke. Haha! Justin decided to take it upon himself and jumped into the flames here on the boards. I am told that he is determined to make us all feel better about the site and the progress that Beckett is making. Everything that has been touched on has been sent forward and is in the works.
Time will show us that this community will prevail as the best on the web, and all of you have made it that way! The technicalities of our Boards and Organize just need to catch up. I know that there is a certain impossibility for the site to match the magnitude of greatness that the members put forward, so please do not expect that. Haha!
Best wishes to you all, and thank you, Justin, for stepping up and swinging for the fences!
(05-10-2013 09:15 AM)greg2424 Wrote: I would be happy with a RBI single up the middle.
(05-10-2013 05:28 PM)mswatson Wrote: OK, Justin, Randi says this is not a joke, it's for real. How will you keep us updated on progress?
We used to have a forum called "Trade and Organize Suggestions" under a "Site Suggestions" forum. I don't see them in the forums list any more, but I was able to pull up a couple of threads that had been posted there, so it's still out there.
I started a thread in Trade and Organize Suggestions, called "show trade changes, more" and listed out about 7 suggestions that would really help, response was positive, and SR UI Designer for Beckett Media Logan Fisher responded "This stuff will definitely get implemented when we go back and knock all these updates out. I will post this link on the list we have been building. Good stuff!" I posted the thread in April 2012 and haven't heard a peep about it since. (and I'd still like those changes made)
I would suggest that you check out these old forums for good suggestions. And I'd like to have some way for you to let us know what improvements will be made, and give us periodic (like monthly) updates on progress (and then actually make progress and provide updates).
Thanks - good luck, we're counting on you (particularly Randi, whose credibility is now tied to your performance.....lol)
(05-10-2013 10:06 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: You want to know how to improve this site? You asked for it.
1) Improve customer service. Don't promise us stuff never to touch on it again. Don't start something and than leave it half finished. Don't raise the prices while lowering the quality of the site. Don't act like our friend and than rob us of our money. Communicate with us. We're all human and understanding. Check the logs, Do you know how many times I've emailed customer service and have gotten no response or a response that makes me hate beckett even more? I mean seriously. How many times have i tried to get a card changed? oh, probably a bakers dozen. and trust me, that feeling is not as good as getting a bakers dozen ... mmmmm.
2) Fix the errors on the site before creating new things and thus creating more problems. I still have to check all of my PM boxes one by one to delete them even though there is a check all box. We still cannot sort our org based on BV or even by year/# (unless its in a subcategory) there are many many things i have seen people complain about (some little, many big) but the complaints go unnoticed. We get the good ol letter from somebody up high that says don't worry, We're really not going to care about the fixes and we'll just try to build something better again. We've heard it before, We've gone through that. How dare you ask us to stick it out just a little bit longer and promise us stuff. I'd feel better if nobody EVER came on here and updated us because than i wouldn't get my hopes up. You want a detailed list? I'll give you a detailed list of EVERY error i can find. I understand it takes time to fix things, I understand bugs and computers and all that jazz, But dont waste my time asking for us to find stuff only to ignore it and never fix it.
3) reward us loyal customers for sticking through the YEARS of horrid hell instead of pushing us away (by like doing something insane by raising prices for a product that is half of what we're paying for) Sure we have Customer Appreciation month (which happened twice in 3 years) but lets get serious. 30 chances to win something out of the thousands of members left? Or how about narrowing it down to people who didn't just sign up and win. Or how about raffling off a date with yanxcick?
4) How about creating a match maker that has been promised for YEARS instead of creating new sections like your certified appraisal site and updating your registry. Sure those are money makers, But so are your CURRENT customers. Give us a tool that makes it easier to search cards to trade for. You know how frustrating it is having to click on a card, see who owns it, clicking on their profile, clicking on trading with, starting a trade...and than finding the card...again? Or even more frustrating, seeing somebody has the card, getting excited because its rare, and finding out they haven't even been on the site since jan 1st of 2011. BALLS.
5) How about when beckett makes a mistake, it owns up to it. the servers were down for a weekend and what did we get in return for it? Nothing. I was paying for a service i couldn't even use. Problems happen, we get that. But c'mon, own up to them by doing what's right.
Beckett has created something that is truly amazing in the hobby industry. They have opened my eyes to a world i never knew, Allowed me to enjoy hockey card trading that i never had the opportunity to experience before. They've given me the chance to meet some of the greatest collectors and people this industry has to offer and for that i will be forever thankful, but at the same time, They've made me hate trading, have pushed me away from the hobby to the point where i just don't even feel like busting wax anymore. So as you can see my inner struggle to find peace with this site.
Oh yeah, Here's something that i wish beckett would use as their motto. There are now FREE SITES out there that work on the same level as beckett. They are NO LONGER the standard in trading/org/hobby issues. There is nothing special that keeps me paying (other than those wonderful people on the forums, and hey, they're all free anyway!) How about they realize that and start giving us something worth paying for again. How about making it so i can justify to my wife that i'm blowing 90 bucks a year on yet another hockey card item. C'mon man, Many of us have higher ups we have to answer to. Most of all, I wish beckett would just stop breaking my heart and either let me grieve and get over it, or woo me and make my loins quiver with anticipation again. But please for the love of god, Stop toying with us.