`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you improve this site?

RE: How would you improve this site?
Just giving an update: We had a meeting with Bill today and along with the upgrades to the site, there is a mobile app in the works. We are also working on C2C selling as well.

Add more options for reasons when cancelling trades, particularly the following: "Lack of Response" and "Other".
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Ok...I'm going to try and be a little more broad than just what is wrong with a few things hopefully that's okay.

#1 - Respect your customers, if they email with questions, concerns or anything. RESPOND. No one should have an email request to customer service not answered in 24 hours. There should be a system of "what to work on" that is better than asking on a message board. For instance, you could have a minimum wage person (maybe even Beckett users?) with very little training file the question/concern/etc into "buckets" that would describe the problem. This could even be visible to Beckett users maybe.

#2 - Make the site more user friendly, each section seems to be a completely different design like there are multiple groups responsible for the website who don't even communicate. This is a HUGE issue when one group needs the other to work. For instance with the registry, search for a number in the population report it goes to a completely different section of the site and you can't navigate backwards easily. Sometimes when you login from one section it sends you to another and you have to do it again. Everything should be on the same page. The registry should be awesome but instead >10% of the serial #'s don't even work. The registries have been static for quite some time only adding new cards from the current year leaving out numerous additional cards from prior years that were forgotten. Not to even mention the marketplace, it is so difficult to communicate with sellers or to become one...why? Beckett should be the home of buying and selling cards on the internet.

#3 - Clean up the clutter. The home page is a joke. I type in beckett.com and this is what I get...

[Image: Capture_zpsf1b2302e.jpg]

If I'm a new person that is ridiculous, I wouldn't even know what to do. As an occasional user, you have to click several different links just to get to your messages or trades which is easy to forget. As an experienced user yeah you can deal with it but there are so many issues with the organize that someone else has already detailed in addition to just clicking multiple links. Beckett should assist with trading, there should be a database that tracks trades. If someone is always trading for Kobe Bryant and someone else is trading away Kobe Bryant Beckett should be sending emails or messages or providing links to the "trading partner" users. The only way I can even function on the Beckett site is to have favorites for the different individual pages I most frequently visit; that should be the opposite of what every site creator wants.

#4 In my opinion Beckett should take advantage of the users. Many people have blogs and photobuckets full of their cards. Use them! If I want to see a bunch of cool Michael Jordan or New York Yankees collections or meet new people that collect them, there should be a bunch of user generated links that Beckett provides to do just that. Someone else already mentioned the user-controlled pictures in the organize which exactly the kind of things Beckett should be doing. There could be a rating system for local card shops and online retailers; maybe even eBay sellers.

#5 Take advantage of marketing opportunities to increase Beckett value. The "Wayne Gretzky" T206 Honus Wagner was just found to have been admittedly trimmed but graded as PSA 8. You know where I heard this information? Yahoo! eBay just increased their fees...again for selling; why is Beckett not taking advantage of this and offering to provide a better platform to sell users cards?

Admittedly the card market is not as strong as it once was but tap into the market to get the most out of it. And one last thing...treat the customers like your best friend not a pest that gives you money from time to time. Thank you for at least asking in this forum, it is a step in the right direction.
 photo mjheader.jpg

SPEED................

(waiting 15 minutes for this one post to go through)
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk