`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Packaged Cards 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 ect

RE: Old Packaged Cards 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 ect
The odds of hitting things in retail are pretty high, especially something high end. I buy retail as well because I don't like my LCS, but I know that if I want a good shot at something good I have to go hobby.

With most of the rack packs you get those retail exclusive parallels, which are essentially your "hits." Anything else on top of that is gravy.

Like I said earlier, retail is more for building the set then it is for getting high-end autos. I pulled about 10 autos from Platinum blasters last year, but they were all the base rookie autos - no veteran mem autos. From rack packs I pulled on green auto and one gold auto, but nothing better than that.

It's the risk you run with buying retail.

But to answer your question, no I don't think they're taken back and repacked. Card manufacturers outsource stocking retail stores to third-party vendors that would have really no way to know what was in the packs.
Kepler

RE: Old Packaged Cards 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 ect
(05-10-2013, 01:30 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: The odds of hitting things in retail are pretty high, especially something high end. I buy retail as well because I don't like my LCS, but I know that if I want a good shot at something good I have to go hobby.

With most of the rack packs you get those retail exclusive parallels, which are essentially your "hits." Anything else on top of that is gravy.

Like I said earlier, retail is more for building the set then it is for getting high-end autos. I pulled about 10 autos from Platinum blasters last year, but they were all the base rookie autos - no veteran mem autos. From rack packs I pulled on green auto and one gold auto, but nothing better than that.

It's the risk you run with buying retail.

But to answer your question, no I don't think they're taken back and repacked. Card manufacturers outsource stocking retail stores to third-party vendors that would have really no way to know what was in the packs.
oh I agree to almost everything you said... I don't think they are taken back but for instance says Topps still has tons of printed cards in their warehouse and to shed the inventory they put together say 1000 blaster boxes of 2011 bowman chrome and sell to say Beckett at a reduced rate to which Beckett passes along the discount. I feel and it's just my opinion that the Quality of higher end cards are limited far more than when they came out and the odds listed on the blaster box on which cards may be in the box is far greater and should be adjusted accordingly... That's all I am saying, I don't put it on Beckett at all (Beckett distribute to some of the Walmarts and Meijers in my area in Michigan