`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite/Coolest Jeter (or any) card?

Favorite/Coolest Jeter (or any) card?
So there are various posts about your holy grail and your best hits, but I want to know what are some of your favorite or coolest looking cards and why? I like to focus on Jeter but welcome all answers.
Some of my favorites (in no particular order):

1956 Topps Jackie Robinson (shows him stealing home, love the design of 56 Topps)
2012 Topps Derek Jeter 3000th hit variation (I think Jeter's only card that commemorates his 3000th hit)
1984 Topps Don Mattingly (first big card I ever chased --and caught--and my favorite player as a kid)
2013 Gypsy Queen Mike Trout Glove Stories (shows one of the best home run robbing catches ever)
2003 Donruss Studio Proofs Hideki Matsui (cool shot of the Yankee Stadium facade in the background)
1994 Upper Deck Mickey Mantle Heroes #65 (nostalgic photo of Mantle's mammoth shot)

I could go on and on but I'll stop now....

RE: Favorite/Coolest Jeter (or any) card?
The only jeter i can mention is the BGS 8.5 sp foil rc i got coming. the great guys at my LCS are working with me and letting me pay it off weekly. very excited about it, ill have a scan of it when im done paying it lol, maybe 2 more weeks considering.

as far as non Jeter's and baseball only.....

1956 Topps #83 Karl Spooner
1956 Topps #235 Don Newcombe
1989 Upper Deck #1 Ken Griffey Jr. RC
2004 Timeless Treasures HOF Materials Combos Bat-Jersey #23 Lou Gehrig/25
2008 Topps Triple Threads Relics Combos Double Sepia #23 Mickey Mantle(cant stop looking at this card)

and for honorable mentions .......

1998 Upper Deck National Pride #NP37 Cal Ripken
1998 Upper Deck National Pride #NP39 Ken Griffey Jr.

love those 2 cards, just some great looking die cuts. soon im gonna be making a trade thread to hopefully complete that set.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

RE: Favorite/Coolest Jeter (or any) card?
1971 Topps Hank Aaron

[Image: z8Y3.jpg]
(not my photo)

part of a box of vintage cards i got from haggling a box from a storage auction with my parents when i was 11 or 12. I use to go and try to scalp any and all toys/cards/classic video game stuff I could from people, just to see what cool stuff I could find and then sell some of it off at our booth to buy more cards/toys (parents had an electronic repair booth for years at a local flea market)

being a young braves fan, that was the coolest thing I could have ever thought I would ever own for a baseball card and from a $5-10 box of random junk toys that happened to have a nice book of vintage cards in it (although condition was fairly bad on most of them, some great names!) still have the card, still my favorite card I own even as beat up as it is (but no more beat up now than the day I got it! i took care of that thing)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors