`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 SP Signature edition

2012 SP Signature edition
I was mildly interested in these a year ago, but when Chris Olds did a Rip Vid of it, I wasn't really loving it for the price that it was selling for. Once I saw that they dropped to $100, I said what the heck... here's what I got ... I think I did Okay!

[Image: 2AC5E67C-20E9-4799-B5B4-97434DE9F54B-996...153ee0.jpg]
[Image: 5D8FE98A-6D24-41A8-B18F-023456949089-996...7e456a.jpg]
[Image: 85D43126-FE70-40C0-9726-C7CD6939A376-996...634d42.jpg]
[Image: 04125B74-1186-43FF-875D-3DCA45352F6F-996...3ae2db.jpg]

All in all, very satisfied with this box ... As a Yankee fan, I couldn't ask for a better patch card than the one I got .. Rizzuto and Ford!!! .. sure, Phil's sig could have been better, but that's my only complaint.... except....
The other 2 multi-sig cards have a small corner ding, but, based on the secure packaging, I can't understand how that happened. ?!?!?!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2012 SP Signature edition
Great Pulls!!! Congrats on that Whitey, Scooter card!!!

(05-08-2013, 04:33 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: Great Pulls!!! Congrats on that Whitey, Scooter card!!!
Thanks. It's S/N to 10, so that's pretty cool. One of my better breaks, but it would have been horrible at the regular price .. I think they were $250 a box ... I wouldn't have been as happy today, if so. At $100 a box, I did good!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I bought a box a few months ago on a daily deal and wasn't that impressed, the cards look too generic for the price....but I did pull a duke snider

Wow, that Scooter/Chairman looks great! Congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(05-08-2013, 08:43 PM)aprirr Wrote: Wow, that Scooter/Chairman looks great! Congrats!
Thanks!
It would have been nicer if there was a small photo or something. Just like Rentzington said, these cards are just a little too generic. That patch on the Scooter/chairman card really makes it much nicer than the sigs alone.

(05-08-2013, 10:46 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
It would have been nicer if there was a small photo or something. Just like Rentzington said, these cards are just a little too generic. That patch on the Scooter/chairman card really makes it much nicer than the sigs alone.
I guess it's kind of a trade off. No photos or photos with no logos on the hats or jerseys. It would have been cool if they could have used a pic of the two of them together in the Yankee clubhouse after a World Series win(arms around each other wearing t-shirts with crazy, champagne-soaked hair). But, even then, I don't think it would be as cool as a patch of the Stars and Stripes on the card with the autos!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(05-09-2013, 12:06 AM)aprirr Wrote: I guess it's kind of a trade off. No photos or photos with no logos on the hats or jerseys. It would have been cool if they could have used a pic of the two of them together in the Yankee clubhouse after a World Series win(arms around each other wearing t-shirts with crazy, champagne-soaked hair). But, even then, I don't think it would be as cool as a patch of the Stars and Stripes on the card with the autos!
No doubt! The flag patch really made that card. The other cards that just have the sig alone are missing something.... It's just a sig with ... no 'soul', or something to that effect!
At that discount price, I might be tempted to try that product again.

gorgeous dual, so jealous! that being said *sigh* pedro alvarez...please...for the love of whoever you call God...LEARN TO SIGN ON THE STICKER!!!!!! Stop going off of EVERY sticker you sign...BRING IT IN BRO! Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(05-09-2013, 12:51 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: gorgeous dual, so jealous! that being said *sigh* pedro alvarez...please...for the love of whoever you call God...LEARN TO SIGN ON THE STICKER!!!!!! Stop going off of EVERY sticker you sign...BRING IT IN BRO! Tongue
Thanks!
I guess it's hard to contain some sigs! I know I usually go out of the sig box when I'm signing ... It must be tougher doing it on a sticker ... FIVE HUNDRED TIMES .. UGGH! But it would be nice if Pedro would at least try a little, right?