`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Two Cards, One Serial Number

RE: Two Cards, One Serial Number
My first thought was the same as most above, that one of these is from the liquidation auction. It might have even been pre-printed to replace one, in case it was damaged in pack-out.

Here's a pic of a pack-pulled card to compare the serial numbering to:

[Image: LarryFitzgeraldRookie-1.jpg]

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

actually, the most likely scenario os that all companies produce extra cards, just in case they have to do a replacement. im guessing that someone had one damaged and and the company had to replace it

I run a printing company and I could very easily make these all day. I get silver & gold foil free as test samples all the time. All you need is a DIY stamper for the house and make all you want. It is really easy. It all comes down to finding the right font to use.

Never seen that before

(05-07-2013, 07:59 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: actually, the most likely scenario os that all companies produce extra cards, just in case they have to do a replacement. im guessing that someone had one damaged and and the company had to replace it
Actually, for this instance, this is not the most likely scenario simply because the fonts are different.

(05-07-2013, 01:02 PM)hagrin Wrote: Actually, for this instance, this is not the most likely scenario simply because the fonts are different.
Nope.

ill do this from the perspective i know...the vaults of donruss

the replacement card was produced at the same time as the other cards, which were stamped and put into packs. however, the replacement card wasnt stamped at the time of production rather at the time of replacement

a second font wasnt uncommon in these situations

so yea: im sticking by what i said

(05-07-2013, 01:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Nope.

ill do this from the perspective i know...the vaults of donruss

the replacement card was produced at the same time as the other cards, which were stamped and put into packs. however, the replacement card wasnt stamped at the time of production rather at the time of replacement

a second font wasnt uncommon in these situations

so yea: im sticking by what i said
This is actually a pretty good theory, but my question is, if that's the case, (in my mind anyway) wouldn't the company destroy the original?

Just seems odd that they'd keep all the supposedly damaged cards then have them sold in the bankruptcy auction (again, at least to me)

Frankly, I'm gunna have to stick to my guns, someone probably bought a whole bunch of old stock like this from the bankruptcy sale, threw a stamp on it, and went to town.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(05-07-2013, 01:55 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: This is actually a pretty good theory, but my question is, if that's the case, (in my mind anyway) wouldn't the company destroy the original?

Just seems odd that they'd keep all the supposedly damaged cards then have them sold in the bankruptcy auction (again, at least to me)

Frankly, I'm gunna have to stick to my guns, someone probably bought a whole bunch of old stock like this from the bankruptcy sale, threw a stamp on it, and went to town.
I gotta disagree on stamping replacements. Anything and everything in the USA is printed once and only once. If it has to be reprinted, by legal rights, it has to be noted and issued as reprints, second run, etc. due to copyright laws especially if it's serialized.
If there is a serial number reproduced during the run, the original would have to be destroyed or wiped clean. This also goes true with electronic devices. They have to be retagged with new s/n's before being released to the public. Of course, humans make errors all the time. Big Grin
What's the back of the cards look like???
(05-07-2013, 12:40 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Who would take the time to fake a 5 dollar(on a good day) card? I agree could be fake, but just seems like a waste of time.
Who would fake a 5 dollar bill, yet they make them? Lol
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I post these every time one of these threads comes up...

[Image: img932.jpg]
[Image: img933.jpg]

As for the OP, it's possible that Fleer stamped them...it's possible someone faked it. Either way, I like it. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I was just about to post about you RW34!
JHER - what the heck does some bozo working in the dungeon at Donruss care about copyright laws? They were probably circling the drain by then anyways. Jacoby never said it was a reprint. I think you need to reread his theory.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]