`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
INVALID SERIAL # STICKY- UPDATED 07/10/2014
11-03-2013, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 11:08 AM by jeffv96masters.)
RE: INVALID SERIAL NUMBERS STICKY- UPDATED 11/01/13
branesergen Wrote:2010 National Treasures Century Gold Signature Peyton Manning #7501746 = coming up invalid serial #

Good news & bad news.

Good news is I have had the OPG for that card updated now as promised ( thank you to the football OPG editor !! ) and it now says the proper serial numbering it should. See HERE

Now- the bad news.

Your item appears like it was forced thru grading ( I can't be sure without knowing the job id # associated) . Not appearing in the look up for a reason. Trying to enter it into the registry will not work because the label is wrong for one and two it was forced thru so it's not going to be able to be verified and an enter able item. Even if you were to get the label corrected for free-- would then show up as 0.0 based on the new label correction.

What I would do if the card were mine-- I'd spend $7-9 and send it in like it was new to grading. This way the label will read properly for one and the card # able to be entered into registry.

But that's just me. Some people are cheap - I'd just want it in my registry properly labeled and everything.

Jeff

(11-02-2013 08:53 AM)flygonfrank Wrote:  I've got 21 cards Jeff; Beckett doesn't like to update the Pokemon section xD

Most of my order

Email me at my jeffv96masters with the info you have on these items.
Take each one and jot down info on how distributed, if it was a promo, tournament card, etc, etc, etc. This way i have something to go on to start the OPG update process.

I'll forward it to the appropriate people who can verify what you sent me and perhaps provide some additional info for our OPG guy to use in updating the system.

Thanks-
Jeff

SUGGESTIONS SUBMIT IT HERE !!

Mod Team member
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 06:34 AM
RE: INVALID SERIAL NUMBERS STICKY- UPDATED 11/04/13
7441342 2008 Donruss Elite #1225 Matt Forte AU/299

Cannot add to Basic Registry

[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector
11-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Jeff,

The following comes up "Invalid Serial Number" when i try to add it to the Hank Aaron registry:

Card S/N 0000077895 - 1976 SSPC #239 Hank Aaron BVG 9

Also when I do a Serial Number lookup it comes up as 1990 Upper Deck Juan Gonzalez?

Thanks,
Kepano
11-17-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 11:03 AM by jeffv96masters.)
RE: INVALID SERIAL NUMBERS STICKY- UPDATED 11/17/13
With regards to Kepano's post== Due to other site related headaches that are not even related to registry the programmers used on registry were sadly unable to address the BVG label issues as I had hoped by years end. It is one of the priorities that will be looked at as they start Q1 in 2014. Right now they are working elsewhere and grading cannot even get them to start looking at solutions until after the New Year Sad

I have not yet discussed the issue with them and cannot until they first fix the most basic issues I have noticed.

I have updated and forwarded some registry changes to be made that will hopefully change the structure of existing registries and make them work better.

On another note seems we have less posted issues lately so here is hoping many learned from the posts how each registry works and what to avoid. KEEP POSTING FOLKS I will look at the issues !!

These are the changes year to date where they are to attack first BEFORE they can even dream of attacking the BVG label issue.

1) Basic/Master registry set up.

Needs to be changed so it reads items from the SET TYPE filter as opposed to the current set ups. Already forwarded the solution to be looked at.

BASE= should allow only Main set items to be entered
MASTER = should allow all Main, Parallel, Insert, and Parallel Insert items to be able to be entered.

2) Manual Entry Override system- required for items that were lost in database crashes, forced thru, etc. No mechanism is in place currently. Its been forwarded already as well.

3) Forced Removal Tool- Required and one I have asked for permission to handle myself. Here is hoping they see the logic of letting me do the work for free and freeing up their own staff for the real work they should be concentrating on. Its been forwarded already also and when they have time to talk with me about it we will get an answer on it.

4) Database Linkage Tool this one is complicated to explain but in plain english certain players are not even showing up hooked into the Registry database system. As to the reasons why each has its own reasons but all generally go back to initial set up. Easy fix if and when they get to be addressed.

5) OPG Update Reporting Tool This is one I want so that I can correct OPG related details. So far my work around is direct contact with each person responsible for OPG areas and they attack the corrections as they can. This one issue is responsible for 25% of the posts so far and is right behind the vintage BVG labels as the biggest headache of all.

If they can fix these 4 areas then the number of problems will decrease next to nil and then and only then should we look at te BVG labeling issues. I have an easy fix for the BVG labeling issues but its going to require being in discussions with internal people who understand what I'm even talking about and perhaps 2 or 3 people at Beckett are qualified to discuss and none of them are available- yet.

We've made some progress the last couple months and I hope to continue it.

Jeff

Y2 HOOD go in and try your Jimmy Graham should be fixed now Smile

jeff

Mod Team member
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 10:38 PM by y2hood.)
I can't find the post or email where I gave you all the information on it for me to readd it. I don't remember which of my BGS Grahams it is.

Looks like I'll be doing some trial and error here in a minute. Thank you for fixing it though! Really appreciate it!!

EDIT: Got it! And while checking my serial #s against my registry, I found another one that I forgot to add at some point. So good news there!

Jeff, your work is to be commended.

Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas
[Image: targeted_zpsfeaf74b4.png]
11-18-2013, 08:24 PM
These 2 I've had my Beckett Rep. working on, to no avail:
2007 eTopps National Promos BGS 9.5's #610

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 08:01 PM by fast93bird.)
I have issues with two cards.

#1 is "Card Not Added-Invalid Serial Number" when I try to add

Serial 6895487
1996 Classic Assets "A Cut Above" Promo
Player: Emmitt Smith

#2 is a card that is apparently in another registry that I bought a few weeks ago. Not sure if you can do anything about that one. I've tried the release request several times with no luck.

Serial 7582645
1995 Select Certified Mirror Gold
11-21-2013, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 05:36 PM by jeffv96masters.)
(11-06-2013 06:34 AM)zubaltec Wrote:  7441342 2008 Donruss Elite #1225 Matt Forte AU/299

Cannot add to Basic Registry

JOHN--

Matt Forte has no 2012 or 2013 BASE ( main set) items showing.
Should show 250 base items per the OPG run of main set items - instead shows just 166 base.

I let them know to take a look at what registry is doing.

BASE registry is not working right
MASTER registry is working perfectly

I'll let you know when they advise whats occurring its being looked at .

me

(11-19-2013 08:00 PM)fast93bird Wrote:  I have issues with two cards.

#1 is "Card Not Added-Invalid Serial Number" when I try to add

Serial 6895487
1996 Classic Assets "A Cut Above" Promo

#2 is a card that is apparently in another registry that I bought a few weeks ago. Not sure if you can do anything about that one. I've tried the release request several times with no luck.

Serial 7582645
1995 Select Certified Mirror Gold

Card # 1 Send a pic to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address. I think I know what the issue is already but just want to confirm it. At first glance to me it looks like it was "forced" thru prior to the OPG being updated with the proper nomenclature.

Card #2 please put an entry into the "forced removal requests' section and when I get word the removal tool is available I'll make sure it gets handled.

jeff

Mod Team member
11-22-2013, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2013 05:36 AM by jeffv96masters.)
(11-18-2013 08:24 PM)nolan5000 Wrote:  These 2 I've had my Beckett Rep. working on, to no avail:
2007 eTopps National Promos BGS 9.5's #610

Send me pics please. I believe I know why and need to confirm my expectation .

Make sure I can read the labels

On your two Nolan Ryan Biography ones:

3912958- 2005 Biography Nolan Ryan Wins Looks like this item was a manual entry force thru right after that issue was released and the label is incorrect as compared to the OPG.

Two ways to approach it and you decide.

One - you can send back and have the label corrected to the correct label. Problem with that solution is registry will look at the new label and assign a 0.0 value to it since labels are not charged in the A/R system so it will show up in your registry but with 0.0 for the slab grade.

Two- you could leave as is for now until I talk to them about getting the manual entry functionality so I can manually enter headaches like this. Your choice.

6764952 - 2005 Biography Nolan Ryan Wins Autograph

This one I honestly would need CLEAR pics of the back to be sure about.
If you can get me clear scans of the back I'd appreciate. If the # is dark- just read it off to me.
Think this is a forced manual entry as well.

jeff

Jason also I sent them my follow up email requesting info on why they still have not updated the 3 items I sent the database sheet & pics of for the Nolan Ryan 1995 Classic National Phone cards. I'll advise when I get a reply to the email.

jeff

Mod Team member
11-23-2013, 01:41 PM
(11-21-2013 04:38 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote:  
Card # 1 Send a pic to my jeffv96masters@gmail.com address. I think I know what the issue is already but just want to confirm it. At first glance to me it looks like it was "forced" thru prior to the OPG being updated with the proper nomenclature.

Card #2 please put an entry into the "forced removal requests' section and when I get word the removal tool is available I'll make sure it gets handled.

jeff

Email sent and "Forced Removal Requests" thread updated. Thanks!