`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Topps Vs Topps Chrome

Topps Vs Topps Chrome
Hi can someone tell me the difference between Topps and Topps Chrome sets each year? As far as I can tell there appears to be more base cards in the normal Topps release but Chrome has more parallels and are more shiny. I guess some of the inserts are slightly different as well? Are the base cards that are in Chrome the same as in the normal release (except there not being as many)?

Thanks

RE: Topps Vs Topps Chrome
Well again you answered most of your own questions.

Topps chrome is one of the most sought after sets of cards each year. Yes they have a "chrome like" finish to them. Are shiny. The Chrome set usually have some rookies they did not put into the base Topps Product. And Chrome usually has less photo variants than Topps does.

Chrome will stick to photo variations of Rookies only. Where the base product of Topps includes photo variations of Veteran players. You will also find different inserts in both product, some will be the same but with the chrome finish to them.

Also you will find more colors, such as Purple, Sepia, Camo...ect in Chrome, that has different serial numbering compared to the base Topps. And well Chrome usually carries a premium over the base Topps Version. It is one of those products, if you decide to bust open boxes, pre order it. It generally jumps up in price after release day, as it is always in high demand.
Eddie George Super Collector

Hey thanks. It doesn't hurt to check despite me answering me own questions! Smile

(05-05-2013, 11:15 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Well again you answered most of your own questions.

Topps chrome is one of the most sought after sets of cards each year. Yes they have a "chrome like" finish to them. Are shiny. The Chrome set usually have some rookies they did not put into the base Topps Product. And Chrome usually has less photo variants than Topps does.

Chrome will stick to photo variations of Rookies only. Where the base product of Topps includes photo variations of Veteran players. You will also find different inserts in both product, some will be the same but with the chrome finish to them.

Also you will find more colors, such as Purple, Sepia, Camo...ect in Chrome, that has different serial numbering compared to the base Topps. And well Chrome usually carries a premium over the base Topps Version. It is one of those products, if you decide to bust open boxes, pre order it. It generally jumps up in price after release day, as it is always in high demand.
They do veterans with variations also. 2009 Chrome had variations of AP, Brees, Romo, and others.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(05-05-2013, 01:25 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: They do veterans with variations also. 2009 Chrome had variations of AP, Brees, Romo, and others.
2010, 2011 and 2012 did not have Veteran variations though, generally speaking.
Eddie George Super Collector