`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tried one box of 2013 TriStar Hidden Treasures PLATINUM Autographed Baseballs

I tried one box of 2013 TriStar Hidden Treasures PLATINUM Autographed Baseballs
I drove out to a further shop today because they told me they had in new auto'd Balls from ONYX. I got there and asked where they were and was shown these instead!!

I gave the guy all kinds of grief (in a most joking way) and his name was officially "dimwit" the rest of the day.

Anyways, he still got see one opened. Here's the pics

These are the boxes:
[Image: 130508_0001_zpse2274dcc.jpg]

Some of the "Hall of Famer or Star" listed are alittle...questionable..

[Image: 130508_0002_zpsecef52ed.jpg]

[Image: 130508_0003_zpsa04d3498.jpg]
[Image: 130508_0004_zps94b609b4.jpg]

Definitely could have been ALOT worse...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: I tried one box of 2013 TriStar Hidden Treasures PLATINUM Autographed Baseballs
Okay, maybe I'm a dimwit too .... Or maybe I didn't have my coffee yet Smile ...but Why exactly did you give him grief over that ball?

You did good ... Juan Marichal was a good pick up, depending on the price of the box, of course.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: I tried one box of 2013 TriStar Hidden Treasures PLATINUM Autographed Baseballs
(05-08-2013, 05:41 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Okay, maybe I'm a dimwit too .... Or maybe I didn't have my coffee yet Smile ...but Why exactly did you give him grief over that ball?

You did good ... Juan Marichal was a good pick up, depending on the price of the box, of course.
I don't think it was over the ball but he was more interested in the Onyx balls over Tri STar

I was just giving him the business, very jokingly since I know the guy pretty well, for not knowing the difference between an ONYX ball, which comes in a wood box and usually features prospects, and TRISTAR balls, which come in plastic bags inside of cardboard boxes and usually are REALLY bad. TriStar has a ....DIFFERENT!...... definition of the term "STAR" then others might define some of the players included.

Example. This product in particular includes such "STARS" as :

Randy Gumpert -(Win/Loss = 51-59) - Claim to fame is that he is the pitcher that Mickey Mantle hit his first Home Run off of.

Tracy Stallard - (Win/Loss = 30-57) - Most remembered as the pitcher Roger Maris hit his 61st(*) Home Run from in '61.

That all being said,this was all before I actually opened one of the balls and got the Marichal...As far as the price, the boxes sell for about $90, which is roughly about even money with what a Marichal auto balls seems to sell for on most respectable sites..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(05-08-2013, 08:49 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I was just giving him the business, very jokingly since I know the guy pretty well, for not knowing the difference between an ONYX ball, which comes in a wood box and usually features prospects, and TRISTAR balls, which come in plastic bags inside of cardboard boxes and usually are REALLY bad. TriStar has a ....DIFFERENT!...... definition of the term "STAR" then others might define some of the players included.

Example. This product in particular includes such "STARS" as :

Randy Gumpert -(Win/Loss = 51-59) - Claim to fame is that he is the pitcher that Mickey Mantle hit his first Home Run off of.

Tracy Stallard - (Win/Loss = 30-57) - Most remembered as the pitcher Roger Maris hit his 61st(*) Home Run from in '61.

That all being said,this was all before I actually opened one of the balls and got the Marichal...As far as the price, the boxes sell for about $90, which is roughly about even money with what a Marichal auto balls seems to sell for on most respectable sites..
Yeah not a big fan of Tri Star mystery balls. But it would be safe to say this is a push. didn't win didn't lose so DRAW

i bought 1 tristar ball and I wont be fooled into that trap again, was one of those foil bagged hidden treasures balls...such a crock.

the onyx stuff actually looks to be decent goods for the money

I got a JA Happ ball from the hidden treasures foil bag

robbin if the happ ball is ft i would be interested in it
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(05-08-2013, 08:42 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: I don't think it was over the ball but he was more interested in the Onyx balls over Tri STar
Got it !
I didn't see that originally ... I guess it WAS my coffee deficiency affecting me Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

someone look up Juan and call him Dominican Dandy to his face...I don't know how well that would ACTUALLY go over Tongue lol good break, from the pulls I've seen it could've been A LOT worse! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75