`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
way OT: what's the weather like where you are?

RE: way OT: what's the weather like where you are?
I'm just hoping summer falls on a Saturday this year. As lame as things have been, I wouldn't trade my beloved state for any other.
BTW - What you see on the Alaska State Troopers show is EXACTLY how things are all the time. So come visit, spend some money then go home. Wink
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

High 80s-low 90s with rain here and there making it real humid.
Afghanistan
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Virgina has been nice high 60s today going to an auction see whats for sale and what i can buy
Photobucket

Here in central NC it was March-like on May the 4th. Cool (around 60 degrees) and windy. I spent most of the afternoon flying a kite with my nephew. As a 5 yr old, he had a blast with it!
Sunday was gloomy and slightly cooler and windier. We flew the kite for a little while before the rain rolled in.
Today was rainy off and on (mostly ON), sometimes very heavy. It was weird that so many thunderstorm warnings popped up this evening. It's not weird to see thunderstorms here anytime after March 1st, but when the warnings are west of me instead of east of me -- that is odd!
The thunderstorms were tracking "backwards" into the mountains.
Usually (no matter what time of year) weather systems here track west to east OR southwest to northeast. They are completely backwards right now and the forecast for the next 2 days is more rain and possible storms. We haven't seen a sunny day for the entire day in a few weeks now. The weather (in temps and precipitation) seem to be 2 months behind normal now, but we had barely ANY snow or ice this winter. Really odd weather patterns going on here for the past 6-8 months.

im in northeastern PA.. like 70 and sunny out.. awesome day! golfing day.. haha(i wish)
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Here are a few shots of my front yard when I was able to get my wife's mustang home. I was barely able to get mine to the garage before it started flooding. She came home Saturday night and only made it to the entrance of our neighborhood. Had to park a 1/2 mile from our home and walk in this. It was up 3" in the middle of the road. Sidewalks were under water. 2 SUV's and 1 car were broke down in the street Saturday night from being flooded when trying to drive through it. Idiots!! Thank god it drained pretty fast. Sunday afternoon I was able to finally get her car home. Smile

[Image: 20130505_103422_zps04e39b35.jpg] [Image: 20130505_103405_zpse3c24b41.jpg]

70 and sunny so far here in memphis, but the weather down here changes from warm and sunny to chilly and rainy pretty quick. very unpredictable down here that i just stopped paying attention to weather men lol.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

Beautiful sunny day....high of around 80 today
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Well, things have not really changed here. Supposed to snow later tonight! If it does, it would be the longest "snow season" for Anchorage since they started keeping track of the weather here.

2008 - one of the hottest we ever had, mean average from June - August 70 degrees (hot for Anchorage)

2009 - most days with recorded rainfall, most recorded rainfall

2010 - the winter that never was - less than 4 feet of snow fall, first measurable snow just before Thanksgiving

2011 - most snowfall in Anchorage history - broke 11 feet. Valdez had almost 1,000 inches of snow, called in the National Guard to shovel roofs and the tank farm at the Pipeline Terminal due to extreme danger of structural collapses. I think the State was offering $25 an hour to any bozo who would help shovel

2012 - 2013 winter - the winter that won't end. It's 36 degrees right now with mixed rain and snow. Predicted accumulation over night is 1-4 inches, up to 10 inches on the hillside and Mat-Su valley. If it really does stick, it would make something like 230+ days of snow season.

Plus there's a couple of volcanoes erupting in the Aleutian's:
http://www.ktuu.com/news/minor-lava-flow...2361.story

Despite all of this, I wouldn't trade this place for anywhere else. Except maybe Iceland. Did you know you can leave your baby in the stroller on the sidewalk when you go in to grab some coffee?!?!
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]