`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Topps Redemption - What would yo do?

Topps Redemption - What would yo do?
The last time I posted here was after I broke 1/2 case of 2012 Topps Tier One. In that break was a Ubaldo Jimenez Gold auto 1/1 redemption card.
It was a great pull, but I dont personally collect his cards. I tried to sell it on ebay but was not successful. Oh well. A couple weeks went by and I decided to redeem it. It has been close to 1 year and I have not received the card.

In October 2012, Topps sent me an email saying they did not have the card, and did not know when they will get the card. The email gave me the option of obtaining a substitute of equal value.

What would be the value of that card? Would they replace it with another 1/1? This has been ongoing issue with the other collectors. What would you do? Wait it out for another year? Maybe longer? Or take another gamble of getting shafted by topps?
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

RE: Topps Redemption - What would yo do?
I wish I knew, I collect Ubaldo.
Glad I didn't cause I'd be bummed if I didn't get the redemption! Smile

I'd probably wait a while longer until 2013 Tier One comes out and get a replacement from the new release, but thats just me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I believe they replace with same value or rareity of it
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Is this not just becoming expected from Topps?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If you dont collect Ubaldo i say go for it and ask for a replacement.Been waiting 1 1/2 years for a matt harvey redemption who knows if i will ever get it but i am a mets fan & figure i will just wait it out.

Man, be VERY careful of the "equal value" thing, especially with Topps ...

I once waited on an Allen Iverson redemption for about a year and a half, and the n finally my package arrived.

It contained three scrub autos and two jersey cards ... but add them all up together and it was "equal book value."

I would ask for a replacement and it doesnt hurt to tell them who u collect.

Brian - I was waiting for ever for a Matt Harvey replacement too!! I guess he doesnt sign, they send me a Aroldis Chapman replacement, so I cant complain.
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers