`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
1998 skybox e-x 2001 star date peyton manning error card

RE: 1998 skybox e-x 2001 star date peyton manning error card
(05-02-2013, 06:08 PM)stefanjwhite Wrote: It's not an error card. An error card would be a design error or some kind of omission or inclusion that was printed intentionally that shouldn't have been. Then later corrected making a variation or error card, or not corrected then the whole print run is an uncorrected error (uer) What you have is a misprint, yes it is an error of sorts, but not the kind that is recognized by beckett or as far as I know desired by many collectors, it's just a defect or flawed card as stated by jacoby.
hello sir, so lets see if i have this rite. a misprint made intentionally by the folks up front is an error or a variation and a randomly made misprint on the floor is a flaw? i was thinking they where all the same if they get out the back door. so why cant a cool flaw brake the rules? i mean an off center is a off center, blank back is a blank back and a nnof is nnof, rite?

(05-02-2013, 07:14 PM)jimbow67 Wrote: hello sir, so lets see if i have this rite. a misprint made intentionally by the folks up front is an error or a variation and a randomly made misprint on the floor is a flaw? i was thinking they where all the same if they get out the back door. so why cant a cool flaw brake the rules? i mean an off center is a off center, blank back is a blank back and a nnof is nnof, rite?
YOU HAVE A MISPRINTED CARD, NOT AN ERROR CARD.

Did you hear it that time?

But it's your card, you call it what you want. Go ahead and list it for sale on that other site, you might just get the $100 you want for it.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(05-02-2013, 06:08 PM)stefanjwhite Wrote: It's not an error card. An error card would be a design error or some kind of omission or inclusion that was printed intentionally that shouldn't have been. Then later corrected making a variation or error card, or not corrected then the whole print run is an uncorrected error (uer) What you have is a misprint, yes it is an error of sorts, but not the kind that is recognized by beckett or as far as I know desired by many collectors, it's just a defect or flawed card as stated by jacoby.
This.

And as a hardcore Manning collector I would have no interest in this card as I have thrown many away.

They are trying to explain to you the definition of an actual error card in the hobby world. What you have is not an error card in the hobby world. You have a card that the foil has flaked off of to put it in words you might understand.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Seriously - are there any "true" error cards out there past early 1990s? I pulled a Pennington/somebody "error" card once - but it was a UER and, well, was technically the base card for that reason.

I pulled some topps cards without foil once....but not errors - just defects....

So, Jacoby answered, you countered, somewhere sarcasm was raised, then re-raised....
But - Jacoby is right.

Also, why would you ask - get an answer - reject that answer - when you came HERE for the answer?

And - Jacoby isn't a Patriots fan. He's the biggest NY Jets fan on the board.

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(05-02-2013, 07:55 PM)ugameck Wrote: And - Jacoby isn't a Patriots fan. He's the biggest NY Jets fan on the board.
cowboys fan in exile until romo leaves or jerry jones dies

Here is an example of a misprint that I own:
the front:
[Image: IMG_0001-1.jpg]
the back:
[Image: IMG_0002-1.jpg]

Since it has the two quarterbacks who played in Super Bowl 44, this card is a very rare treasure for me, but to someone else, they would have probably spoked it by now
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(05-02-2013, 08:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: cowboys fan in exile until romo leaves or jerry jones dies. Until then, I shed constant tears that Tim Tebow was let go. I bleed green no matter what - I just pull for the cowboys now that Timmy is gone.
Like I said. Biggest Jets fan on the planet. He cried when Tebow left.

Wink

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(05-02-2013, 08:49 PM)ugameck Wrote: Like I said. Biggest Jets fan on the planet. He cried when Tebow left.

Wink
i read you loud and clear,
sorry i stepped on your toes there men and my bad jets fan. Tebow is a talent going to waste, i hope he finds his calling soon.

(05-02-2013, 08:49 PM)ugameck Wrote: Like I said. Biggest Jets fan on the planet. He cried when Tebow left.

Wink

also: i like being a public defender because of all the side money i get from it under the table
i always suspected that, you know