`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Cost to get autos certified and graded
05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Cost to get autos certified and graded
I have been disappointed by the massive price increases that BGS has forced on collectors like me. The reason is that BGS now makes me send most early 90's autos to JSA for authentication before BGS can grade them. Basically that means it costs a minimum of $30 for each auto card I want graded, before this price increase I could submit the cards under the 45 day option for $6 and pay $2 for the auto grade. From what I can see it is taking BGS/JSA months to get the cards back to collectors and they are now charging $30 per card minimum.

I have around 40 ungraded early 90's autos I want graded by these massive price increases will mean these cards don't get graded, which is a shame but is the result of the unrealistic price increases BGS has pushed through.

If they had a 45 day option where the card grading was still $6 or $7 plus say $5 for auto that would be reasonable, but $30 and I have to wait for months? Come on BGS, do the right thing by your customers and bring in some realistic pricing for these types of cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Cost to get autos certified and graded
Agree.. $30 not worth it especially for lesser known players.. there should be some sort of exception or deal on those. But in basketball there are too many fakes (like Charles Barkley or Grant Hill Skybox Autographics).. for those players I sort of understand the JSA policy.

On a side note let's say someone ALREADY has a Full Letter JSA COA - maybe for LeBron James on a card or regular piece of paper. Since it's already certified would someone be able to encase the card or make a custom-cut and get it encapsulated WITHOUT paying an extra $100 for re-certification? I think as long as it still has the original JSA COA and can be verified all that really needs to be paid for is the encapsulation/shipping. Has anybody done this before?
09-02-2013, 05:18 AM
I have over 50 auto's I want to get graded but will need to use the JSA/BGS option because they are mostly early 90's. That is going to cost me over $1,500 to get them graded. Even at $10 per card on the 45 day service it would cost me $500.

Beckett, please do something about this crazy pricing for these early 90's autos. I would like have Beckett put something in place so that I can get them graded for the usual January special.
09-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a card that I was thinking about sending, mainly to get it encapsulated. The card has an autograph that I got in person, does this mean that BGS will automatically send it to JSA? Because as much as I would love to have it fully authenticated, neither the card nor the player are so big to make it "market worth it". I just would like to get this particular card protected for my own PC. Isn't there a cheaper option?
10-06-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 11:22 PM by gold851.)
(09-12-2013 09:00 AM)Caffrey Wrote:  I have a card that I was thinking about sending, mainly to get it encapsulated. The card has an autograph that I got in person, does this mean that BGS will automatically send it to JSA? Because as much as I would love to have it fully authenticated, neither the card nor the player are so big to make it "market worth it". I just would like to get this particular card protected for my own PC. Isn't there a cheaper option?

Memorabilia Grading Services is the answer to Beckett high prices.
(05-01-2013 08:36 AM)ferraripower2005 Wrote:  I have been disappointed by the massive price increases that BGS has forced on collectors like me. The reason is that BGS now makes me send most early 90's autos to JSA for authentication before BGS can grade them. Basically that means it costs a minimum of $30 for each auto card I want graded, before this price increase I could submit the cards under the 45 day option for $6 and pay $2 for the auto grade. From what I can see it is taking BGS/JSA months to get the cards back to collectors and they are now charging $30 per card minimum.

I have around 40 ungraded early 90's autos I want graded by these massive price increases will mean these cards don't get graded, which is a shame but is the result of the unrealistic price increases BGS has pushed through.

If they had a 45 day option where the card grading was still $6 or $7 plus say $5 for auto that would be reasonable, but $30 and I have to wait for months? Come on BGS, do the right thing by your customers and bring in some realistic pricing for these types of cards.

Memorabilia Grading Services is the answer to Beckett high prices