`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
OT: Hobby sold.. in retail stores?

OT: Hobby sold.. in retail stores?
The other day i went to target to pick up some stuff.. obviously i swung by the cards lol. I stumbled on a hobby box of press pass for 75 dollars. Im like.. wow,really? I mean ive seen R&S longevity hobby boxes in retail and such but my question is... do you think if more hobby was sold at retail stores itd be a BIGGER hobby than it is..? if im recalling correctly.. isnt a hobby box of press pass like 120 bucks at a hobby store OR online even? (obviously i could check the exact amount but im close)I know for me as i live on the border of PA and NY that i cant drive in NY state due to a suspended license(i was bad) so i cant get to my "LCS" like i used to.. so i rely on internet buying or retail.

whats your guys take on this? i personally think it would boost the hobby.. even a little..maybe im wrong
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: OT: Hobby sold.. in retail stores?
Im still new to the hobby so I don't know about it boosting interest...i only got into it because it's football related. Anyway, I've been to Target a few times since i've heard about the hobby boxes being there and I've yet to see them. My kinda luck
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

Well, I'm a Trojans fan and pulled this out of my first box ...

[Image: MattyTrojanAuto_zps37378aa5.jpg]

Should have quit after that. I busted seven more boxes (yes, seven), and the best autos were Sharrif Floyd, Dion Jordan, Kenny Vaccaro and Cordarrelle Patterson.

Not bad, but definitely not worth the price, even at four autos per box.

No hobby boxes at the Target in South Central Louisiana.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I've seen that exact box you're talking about at Target. I laughed because they had it all locked up in a safe type thing. I think the deal with that is Press Pass usually has some sort of "Target Exclusive" cards.....like they're red or they have red ink....something like that. I think because of that, they sell the hobby boxes occasionally.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

But in the past, those Target and Walmart exclusives were sold in their blaster boxes which is why they were on the rare side.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

If hobby would be sold in large retailers the majority of LCS would close. The hobby would still be alive but it would lose the feel. You wouldn't be able to go into a shop and BS with the guys in the shop and scope all the cool cards and dig through bargain boxes...it would be down to just shows.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

The hobby boxes at Target are not the same as the ones in hobby stores - the Target boxes have 12 hobby packs and 4 autos per box for $74.99. Was traveling last week and saw one at the Target when I checked to see if they had any discounted blasters. Since I knew there was a cool hobby store down the road wasn't tempted but was able to compare: they had 6 autos for $105 (if I remember correctly). Didn't get either one, but instead picked up individual cards.

I don't think it would kill the majority of LCS's. The manufacturer's already limit what is retail, why not more boxes like the Target PP?
The idea of a watered down product (for lack of a better term) would probably get kids (young and old) to try to find a shop like your dad's Chad, so they can talk to someone and get a better feel of what is out there besides the 12 pack/4 hit type of stuff we see now.
There's plenty of shops out there that have survived the online retailers, and those are the ones that will have the best chance at making more connections and money from people who saw the cool stuff they got at Target.
The exclusive cards are basically parallels of what is in hobby releases.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

back in 2009 i bought a hobby box of topps mayo in target.. i pulled an austin collie auto.. and seriously that got me started into the hobby. I buy at retail,online and LCS's... i think it would better the product(s) and get more cards out there.. especially the ones you will never see
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.