IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fake RGIII on eBay

RE: Fake RGIII on eBay
OK, so now I really don't get it.

The sticker looks legit, correct?

As in, no one disputes it's an RGIII auto?

The problem potentially being, someone took the sticker off another RGIII card (stupid!) and placed it on there?

Second issue being, he's selling it as a 1/1 ... which it's apparently not, according to the Stephen Hill scan ... no 1/1 stamp on the RGIII.

But why would he include a photo of the back of the card that wasn't actually the back of the card?

Meaning, since it has the Topps authenticity verbage on the back of the card in the photo, if someone receives the card and it doesn't have the verbage, they can just get an "item not as described" refund, right?

So my point is, since the ONLY RGIII die cut auto that would have that verbage is the real 1/1, isn't it possible that this is either A) a misprint on the card (i.e. not stamped when it should have been) or B) could this be some different kind of a parallel? Retail hit or something?

I'm not sticking up for the card or the sellers ... just don't know where they expect to gain on this thing.

I guess there are buyers out there that would take their word for it that it's a 1/1, but I don't think the average grandma or novice collector is going to throw that much down on a card to begin with ... meaning, the only people gullible enough to buy it are not going to pay that much for it!

RE: Fake RGIII on eBay
(07-24-2013, 04:23 PM)mintrobmint Wrote: The seller has added the PSA cracked case in photo #3
wonder why its on a verizon envelope and not the same leather couch / chair thing?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's