`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
RW34's May 45-day BGS Group Submission--Sneak Peek!

RW34's May 45-day BGS Group Submission--Sneak Peek!
Well, it's never a good time to take these on, so let's just go for it... (a JSA/BGS sub is coming up here very soon)

There are going to be some new rules for these, please don't make me go Bill Maher style here. Some of you know that my life outside of Beckett is not going so well, so my patience, sympathy, and compassion are hovering near zero. In order to prevent an online flaming or a punching of my screen, let's stick to these new rules:

(I know these sound really harsh, but all I ask is that you put yourself in my place. If you are doing any of these things, the likelihood is that the other 20 people in the submission are too. The majority of my submitters are great, but it only takes a couple to ruin a good thing...)

1. Please do not send me your cards postage due.

2. Pretty please fill out the survey completely--with ALL the information I'm asking for or I'll just start making it up. I don't remember what you said the last time you submitted 12 months ago (or two weeks ago), so help me out, okay?

3. Please stop overvaluing the cards. Insurance covers CURRENT sales values. Don't send me a Vince Young auto and value it at $500 because that's what you paid way back when. If I continue to see this happening, I'll just start adjusting the insurance values myself or I'll start assigning insurance and return shipping to those that are inflating individually. The values are causing our per card cost on these subs to rise too high--not only did BGS raise the grading fees, but behind the scenes they raised the insurance and ship home costs.

4. I really want to help everyone out and I truly am a nice person, but for the love of all that is cards, please do not send me an email every day asking about the order. When I hear things, you'll hear them. I don't withhold info...and with a 3 month wait, I might consider driving straight to your house for a conversation face-to-face if you keep it up.

5. When I do send emails, please READ them. Don't skip over it and ask me to repeat the same thing I just sent you. I'm going to have to stop responding to those kinds of things. (Maybe they're too long for those of you with Squirrel Disorder? I'll try to be more brief in the future...)

Otherwise, same rules as always: (this hasn't changed much for my returning group, so you can skip rule #5 above! Just look at the bold sections and you're good! LOL)

Anyone can play along with this submission, so if you have some interest hit me up with a PM or post here and I'll get back with you. My returning submitters, please send an email. My inbox here is getting full!!

Cost per card for the submission is $7 with no additional auto fee for the 45-day service. This is the cost I'm being offered per card, so I'm not making a dime on any of you. My target shipping date to TX is May 20, preferably earlier. And yes, I ship straight to TX...there isn't anyone else handling your cards.

Please remember that this submission is 45 working days, so the anticipated return date to me is somewhere around August 1st accounting for the amount of holidays between now and then.

This cost does not include shipping to BGS in TX or return shipping to your house. Shipping to TX is not outrageous, but shipping back from BGS has increased. I always say to anticipate a $1/card additional charge for this, hopefully it's less. Also, I will not overcharge you for insurance either direction, as it means absolutely nothing to the PO if you do need to file a claim. Cards will be insured for whatever level you need and I'll adjust it per individual. I'll also return things most often in a priority flat rate box to keep the costs down.

Please know that I will be inspecting your cards upon arrival for damaged corners or surface damage, just in case you might have missed it (in a general way, not a grading inspection kind of way). I'm being asked to do this to prevent any claims that damage occurred while your cards are in BGS possession. Of course, should anything go wrong with your card while there, I'll get you in touch with the appropriate people who can handle the issues. I suggest that you take some high resolution scans of your cards just prior to mailing, it helps to have some backup if needed. Should something go wrong, I would appreciate your patience while the problems are resolved. I don't enjoy dealing with the damage any more than you do...

You can pay for the submission a variety of ways...check, cash, or paypal (preferred). When we get the cards back I'll do a live break somewhere other than that %^$*@ younow.com site. I will not ship cards to BGS that have not been paid for prior to shipment, so please be prepared to pay by 5/20.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or post here and I'll get back with you as fast as I can. I'll keep your identity private for anyone that requests it. There will be complete transparency for those involved, but I won't make a public display of our submission to everyone on the boards (you are welcome to post what you are submitting should you choose to do it). When I submit the paperwork, you will all get to see the scan so you know EXACTLY what is happening.

Those of you that know me here on the boards know I'm rather fastidious, so you need not worry about trusting me with your precious babies. You can also dig out the old threads and ask anyone who submitted previously how it went for them.

...and we're off again... Smile

Wendy
RW34
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

RE: RW34's May 45-day BGS Group Submission
I'm in for around 20
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I HAD $400 cash stashed away until someone in this house found it and demanded a birthday dinner at the fanciest place in town.

That said I should be good for 28.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-29-2013, 10:06 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I'm in for around 20
Excellent! So glad to see you back rollin' down the road!!

(04-29-2013, 10:24 PM)y2hood Wrote: I HAD $400 cash stashed away until someone in this house found it and demanded a birthday dinner at the fanciest place in town.

That said I should be good for 28.
Damn wives. Always finding the hidden cash. We know, that you know, that we know that you hide cash from us... Wink LOL

I'm grabbing a few UGA draft picks - should be good for about 5. Yes, another small submission from me! Smile
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Put me down for 10, but thats just a rough estimate.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(04-30-2013, 07:29 PM)ugameck Wrote: I'm grabbing a few UGA draft picks - should be good for about 5. Yes, another small submission from me! Smile
Size doesn't matter ugameck. Big Grin

...and I'm glad you're submitting again. I forgot to throw something in your last return box. Wink

(04-30-2013, 07:34 PM)totally sports Wrote: Put me down for 10, but thats just a rough estimate.
Gotcha!!

...and I forgot to put something in your shipment too! I'll get you this time around!

So tempting.....
Eddie George Super Collector

(04-30-2013, 07:48 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: So tempting.....
Nick-y! Nick-y! Nick-y! LOL

You know you've got to send them...

id do it for 44 days.. but 45? psh

Tongue
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.