`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Ebay Problem (Update)

RE: OT: Ebay Problem (Update)
Update: He rejected my partially refund request of $3.12, but offered me $3. I took it. Thank you all for you help.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

I haven't been on Beckett in months.. stopped buying boxes.. just a few singles here & there & mainly selling off some of my collection in order to get funds to buy the cards I still need for sets or my Lakers auto collection..

sorry to hear about your ebay problems..

for me, I been getting hit almost weekly with non-paying bidders... Ebay doesn't do anything to stop it.
I've blocked 22 people so far this year..

I think some people do it on purpose, because they know you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer.. & not too many people look at buyer's feedback..

I've grown tired of collecting cardboard. I've grown tired of trying to chase sets & have grown tired of selling & paying huge ebay/paypal fees.. especially when buyers want everything for 20% of what they are worth.. I was offered a $100 for a D.Rose AUTO/RC that was worth $600..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(05-02-2013, 02:21 AM)evanturner12 Wrote: Update: He rejected my partially refund request of $3.12, but offered me $3. I took it. Thank you all for you help.
So you lost your money, You've got a card that's worthless. He lied to you saying it wasn't chipped, and than he told you to suck a bag of dicks and you allowed him to still make money off you? You're a nice guy. Can you please bid on my ebay auctions? Wink
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I don't think he made much money considering the shipping costs.

I wouldn't say the card is worthless. Maybe 25% cash value of BV now considering the bent corner is only on the back of the card.

I wanted half my money back on the card excluding shipping and I got 48%.

I obviously can't grade this card now, but I don't think I was going to anyways. Pretty sure it's only really worth grading a card if the sell value is increased by the grading costs + at least $1.

(05-02-2013, 06:47 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: So you lost your money, You've got a card that's worthless. He lied to you saying it wasn't chipped, and than he told you to suck a bag of dicks and you allowed him to still make money off you? You're a nice guy. Can you please bid on my ebay auctions? Wink

Ebay has killed the hobby. In the 90s collecting basketball cards was trendy when there were card shops everywhere.

Because of ebay the margins for card shops have become razor slim.

I also, think the card manufacturers are greedy when they charge $100+ for 1 pack.

I think the solution to all these problems is card shows. You get to see the cards in person and there are no fees besides the sellers paying a flat fee per table.

(05-02-2013, 06:16 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I haven't been on Beckett in months.. stopped buying boxes.. just a few singles here & there & mainly selling off some of my collection in order to get funds to buy the cards I still need for sets or my Lakers auto collection..

sorry to hear about your ebay problems..

for me, I been getting hit almost weekly with non-paying bidders... Ebay doesn't do anything to stop it.
I've blocked 22 people so far this year..

I think some people do it on purpose, because they know you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer.. & not too many people look at buyer's feedback..

I've grown tired of collecting cardboard. I've grown tired of trying to chase sets & have grown tired of selling & paying huge ebay/paypal fees.. especially when buyers want everything for 20% of what they are worth.. I was offered a $100 for a D.Rose AUTO/RC that was worth $600..
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg