`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Ebay Problem (Update)

OT: Ebay Problem (Update)
So the card I bought came to $9.25 with shipping.

Today I got the card in a dirty oversized plastic holder (the one where the top of the holder separates from the back).

Don't really care that it was dirty, but the fact it was in an oversized holder meant for multiple cards wasn't good.

Upon inspection one of the back corners was bent. Since it's a really thick card you can't tell on the front.

My question is, is it worth returning since it's an inexpensive card?

Note: I asked seller before I bought it if the card had any chipping or bent corners and he said no.

Update: He rejected my partially refund request of $3.12, but offered me $3. I took it. Thank you all for you help.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: OT: Ebay Problem
Leave neutral feedback explaining why and move along. Smile

do people even look at neutrals?

(04-29-2013, 11:13 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Leave neutral feedback explaining why and move along. Smile

(04-29-2013, 11:44 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: do people even look at neutrals?
I would send him a message and tell him about it. I've got jersey cards with creases , and they just refunded my money. I would try that first, one guy did ask for a pic, but he refunded my money too. it's worth a shot, instead of being out 9 bucks.
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

I offered a scan. He wants me to pay return shipping.

He also claims he shipped the card in a toploader with a plastic sleeve which he didn't.

(04-30-2013, 06:12 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: I offered a scan. He wants me to pay return shipping.

He also claims he shipped the card in a toploader with a plastic sleeve which he didn't.
Sure he wants you to pay shipping, but you don't have to. Like I have posted here several times. eBay is ALWAYS on the side of the buyer if there is a problem with the purchased item. If the seller wants the card back he has to refund your money AND pay for shipping. He doesn't want to do that so he is trying to get you to cover it.

I wouldn't do it. Keep the card and ask for half the money back or file a claim with ebay and get 100% of your money back and he pays return shipping.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

In the past paypal has never refunded me the return shipping.

How do I get paypal to pay the return shipping?

(04-30-2013, 07:28 PM)briankort Wrote: Sure he wants you to pay shipping, but you don't have to. Like I have posted here several times. eBay is ALWAYS on the side of the buyer if there is a problem with the purchased item. If the seller wants the card back he has to refund your money AND pay for shipping. He doesn't want to do that so he is trying to get you to cover it.

I wouldn't do it. Keep the card and ask for half the money back or file a claim with ebay and get 100% of your money back and he pays return shipping.

(04-30-2013, 07:39 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: In the past paypal has never refunded me the return shipping.

How do I get paypal to pay the return shipping?
Unless ebay changed policy, that is how it has worked with all my claims. You have to file a claim with ebay and in the claim it asks what you want. You can say you want a full refund. You should get a full refund even if the seller refuses. It's been awhile, but you would need to go through the process. the idea here is they sold you something that didn't match the description. In the end you should not lose 1 penny for the transaction. The ponly way for that to happen is if he pays return shipping. It has always worked that way for me.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

You know, Its funny you bring this up. I'm normally a hockey collector but your title caught my eye. I'm going through the same thing. I bought 10 cards and paid a whooping 5.75 total with shipping. Every single card came well packaged, but was damaged beyond salvageable. Corners dinged like it was used as a chinese throwing star. I contacted the seller and he said he has no return policy, but if i want to ship the cards back to him, he'll consider it. I offered pictures and he continued to say i can pay for shipping.
1) shipping would cost more than what i paid.
2) there's no way to trust him and i'd be out double what i paid.
3) he could resell them to some other sucker who won't complain and make triple on the damaged cards.
Than he accuses me of this being a regular thing. He has a 100% feedback so i found this odd that he's putting up this much fight over 5.75. So i filed a claim. We're currently going back and forth. He wants me to now split it with him. I gave him the benifit of the doubt saying that he maybe missed the dinged corners but now i feel like the fight he's putting up is because he knows they are damaged. I've never had a problem before with returning damaged cards until him, and its funny because i've been refunded without question on 50+ dollars and this guy is fighting me over 5. I just hope i end up with my money back.
You should always try to get your money back , no matter how small. Its the principal of things. Dollars add up over time. Plus, If he knowingly sold me damaged cards, it makes me even more angry.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

The seller messaged me and said he doesn't offer refunds for any reason.

I have a claim into paypal now. I asked for $3.12 back or $9.25 + return shipping.

I figure it's good to give him an option.

the seller told me to, "suck a bag of dicks." he totally plagiarized that from Louis CK.