`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 ITG ... there are not the hits I was looking for

2011 ITG ... there are not the hits I was looking for
Well, after spacing on Blowout's Black Friday special and searching for the right price, I finally landed a box of 2011 ITG Heroes And Prospects at a killer deal on it ($32).

Unfortunately, like I expected, I didn't land a Trout or a Harvey and I didn't even hit a Max Kepler like I'd hoped I would. But, at least there's a couple of names I know and the Delgado, based on the BV of the less-scarce red version isn't a bad hit. All of these will eventually be FT.

Thanks for lookin.

[Image: 1_zps17c4dc39.jpg]

[Image: 2_zps13f06ff5.jpg]
Kepler

RE: 2011 ITG ... there are not the hits I was looking for
For $32 I think you did great. I love that Delgado card, but I used to really like those sweet spot autos, these look better produced. The Melky Mesa is cool! Was that the whole contents of the box, or just the hits? Were there base cards?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

that is better than at Walmart even - not too bad!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(04-27-2013, 09:23 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: For $32 I think you did great. I love that Delgado card, but I used to really like those sweet spot autos, these look better produced. The Melky Mesa is cool! Was that the whole contents of the box, or just the hits? Were there base cards?
The whole box is 5 cards - all guaranteed hits. Most of them are prospect autos, but there are a handful of "heroes" - mainly mem cards with maybe a few autos.
(04-27-2013, 09:25 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: that is better than at Walmart even - not too bad!
Yeah, the price was definitely right. The guy I got it off of (via Ebay) lives about 15 miles from me. He's got a buddy that owns a shop in Canada and he can't move these very well up there. He told me he'd hit me up when he gets his hands on some more.
Kepler

i think i could use the MESA

I have found that if you a product without hoping for anything good then you usually pull something decent, but everytime I bust boxes hoping to get a certain player it never happens!!! Nice stuff for a $32 box.

(04-28-2013, 06:27 AM)joba the clark Wrote: I have found that if you a product without hoping for anything good then you usually pull something decent, but everytime I bust boxes hoping to get a certain player it never happens!!! Nice stuff for a $32 box.
That explains a lot.
I guess I better quit collecting now ... I'm always hoping for something good!
If it's hopeless, then I'm out Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

We have picked up these boxes anytime we see them at walmart, though its 60 bucks there.
Sometimes theres cool hits, Like I got a will meyer in the very first box we got. Another box was a lou brock auto/patch card. Other times its a bunch of guys you never heard of, but the woman loves these because its ALL "hits"

Interested a little in the Peguero

(04-27-2013, 09:23 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: For $32 I think you did great. I love that Delgado card, but I used to really like those sweet spot autos, these look better produced. The Melky Mesa is cool! Was that the whole contents of the box, or just the hits? Were there base cards?
Agree. Love the design on the Delgado.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.