`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help explain this?

RE: Can anyone help explain this?
I have read that there is an indication that topps produces printing plates for insert purposes and they are not actual used printing plates.

I have no way of knowing if that is true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me

(04-26-2013, 09:42 AM)rentzington Wrote: I have read that there is an indication that topps produces printing plates for insert purposes and they are not actual used printing plates.

With Digital printing, there are no plates, so are they printing digitally or using 4 color process printing? That would give you the answer. I believe they are still 4 color process and the plates are still used.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-26-2013, 09:42 AM)rentzington Wrote: I have read that there is an indication that topps produces printing plates for insert purposes and they are not actual used printing plates.

source? do you remember where you read that?

seems pretty silly, of all things I wouldn't put past topps... I am not really too worried about my printing plates being fake haha.

hell half my printing plates have physical abnormalities on them as well as leftover ink/smudges/fingerprints/etc

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors