`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Topps Series 1 Blaster... 12 blue cards?

2012 Topps Series 1 Blaster... 12 blue cards?
First the inserts

Timeless Talents
Stan Musial/ Lance Berkman

Golden Greats
Albert Pujols
Roberto Clemente

Gold Futures
Dee Gordon
Brandon Belt
Craig Kimbrel

Classic Walk Offs
Alfonso Soriano
Mickey Mantle

Golden Moments
Andre Dawson
Andrew McCutchen
Ryan Braun
Tom Seaver

Gold Standard
Bob Gibson

Blue Bordered
30 Derek Jeter
64 Michael Martinez
80 David Price
104 Brett Anderson
109 Mariano Rivera Checklist
110 Mark Teixeira
117 Carlos Ruiz
185 Pablo Sandoval
198 Matt Dominguez
222 Chris Coghlan
264 Chris Carpenter
310 Adrian Beltre

Was I supposed to get that many blues?

Gold Foil
159 Active Leaders Jones, Pujols, Helton
212 Active Leaders Wakefield, Sabathia, Buehrle

And the Commerative Patch

[Image: mantlepatch_zps04eeb140.jpg]

RE: 2012 Topps Series 1 Blaster... 12 blue cards?
the blue borders are walmart exclusive, and that looks about right ot the number you got
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

nice mantle !!

Nice cards. If you were interested in trading, I would love a shot at the jeter and the mantle. Nice cards though either way!
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

I bought a ton of those blasters just for a shot at that Mantle patch # card. Congrats!
I liked that there was a guaranteed patch card plus the exclusive blue or red bordered cards from Walmart or target respectively. I think 12 per box was about average. Many times that made the blasters a good/better deal. You couldn't get them from the hobby box.
I sure do miss not having a Mantle card to shoot for in the Topps products this year. Topps should come to terms with the mantle estate before the Series 2 cards are released! Hopefully it's not too late.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I think you hit a hot box. I believe you should have only gotten one.

Haven't picked up any '13 blasters, but I bought plenty of the '12s. If I remember the configuration correctly you got 2 packs that had 6 of the colored bordered cards in each one - blue for Walmart, red for Target.

The thing that confused me right away was the fact that the Mantle patch was pictured on the box and then I pulled that one from the first two I bought ... started thinking that was the only one you could get. Unfortunately, I later found that there were many, many others that weren't nearly as good. lol
Kepler

(04-26-2013, 12:49 PM)smlabean Wrote: I think you hit a hot box. I believe you should have only gotten one.
Nope! Not a hot box. 12 is just about what was in those blasters! 2 packs of 6 plus inserts, codes, sparkle, etc
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.