IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Identifying/Pricing Ripken Card w/ Pics
Lightbulb 
Need Help Identifying/Pricing Ripken Card w/ Pics
Hello everyone

i found this Ripken amongst various things left to me from my grandpas collection but i have no clue what it is/how to find it on beckett if i can at all/ and what it is worth..any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Image: metalripkin_zpsb2cffbe9.jpg]

my pos cellphone camera gives it a lot more of a yellowish look then it really has..its more of a pale bronze type color..the card is also a metal card

and heres a picture of the serial numbering on the back kind of hard to see in the picture..again my pos camera Tongue but it says "Limited Edition #2764" other then that printed on the bottom back of the card everything else is exact replica of the 1982 topps Ripken..no addition years on the card or anything

[Image: ripkenserialnumber_zps7ea0200b.jpg]

thanx for looking Smile

-Rick

RE: Need Help Identifying/Pricing Ripken Card w/ Pics
That's a Topps 98T 1982 rookie. Is it metal , cardboard or porcelain ?
Looks like it has rounded edges, which looks like it is probably not cardboard.
We're not allowed to give prices of cards. But if its something NOT in the data of the OPG we can guessSmile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

looks like one of the R & N porcelain cards from the 90s (or a bootleg of those)

I wouldn't expect more than $5-10 out of it tops (even then I'm honestly not sure since I can't 100% ID it) you were trying to sell it

someone else here may be able to identify exactly what it is
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(04-25-2013, 03:17 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: looks like one of the R & N porcelain cards from the 90s (or a bootleg of those)

I wouldn't expect more than $5-10 out of it tops (even then I'm honestly not sure since I can't 100% ID it) you were trying to sell it

someone else here may be able to identify exactly what it is
Yeah looks like those R&N´s
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

do you see any text on the top edge of the card on the back something like "issued by r&n with permission from topps blah blah"

if I had to put my money on what it was...that'd be it

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors