Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judging value of short print cards

Judging value of short print cards
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if I can ask this accurately, but does anyone have a good way of gauging a fair purchase price for a short print card? I am considering picking up a graded auto /10 but I have no means of judging whether or not it is a fair deal. I am usually willing to pay a solid premium for a high grade PC Card, but I like having some baseline to start with.

This card has no value in the price guide, and I can't find a history of any comparable cards. The only thing I can find is some BIN options for raw autos of a higher print run, and I never base my info of BIN trends. Ay advice would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: Judging value of short print cards
I don't think we have enough info. Knowing who the player is would help. Obviously a #'d/10 Michael Jordan auto is going to be worth a lot more than say a Jordan Farmar #'d/10 auto.

You can aslo search for other cards of the same player with similar features like auto or JSY or whatever and with the same low serial # and see what they sold for. If you can find 3-5 cards #'d to 10 of the same player even though not the card your talking about it may give you a baseline.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Well for me it really depends on the set & year.

If you have noticed there are a lot more short print cards now.

I would say /10 card 10 years ago would be pretty rare.

Now they are quite common.

If you post the set and year I would be able to give you my opinion.

(04-23-2013, 09:47 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if I can ask this accurately, but does anyone have a good way of gauging a fair purchase price for a short print card? I am considering picking up a graded auto /10 but I have no means of judging whether or not it is a fair deal. I am usually willing to pay a solid premium for a high grade PC Card, but I like having some baseline to start with.

This card has no value in the price guide, and I can't find a history of any comparable cards. The only thing I can find is some BIN options for raw autos of a higher print run, and I never base my info of BIN trends. Ay advice would be greatly appreciated.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

There are price guides but a matter of subjectivity comes a long with this hobby. If it is something that You really want than does the bottom line really matter as long as you can swing it? Also, do YOU feel it is a good deal?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I pulled the trigger. I picked up a Robert Parish 2006-07 SPXcitement Spectrum Auto #'d9/10 with BGS 9.5 grade and 10 grade on the auto for 85.00 delivered. I feel it was on the high end, but it is a PC piece, and it is not a Panini product which I enjoy. It will look great next to my Bird gold refractor auto.

My concern was Parish will sign anything anywhere for an easy buck so this is in no way a rare auto, though it is a rare card. His raw short print autos seems to sell for around 30-35. I compared the sales of similar cards of Ewing, Barkley and Isiah Thomas to get an idea as well.

(04-24-2013, 05:22 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: There are price guides but a matter of subjectivity comes a long with this hobby. If it is something that You really want than does the bottom line really matter as long as you can swing it? Also, do YOU feel it is a good deal?
+1

If it gave you warm fuzzies then you got a good deal!
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

I also realized I was more than happy to pay 70 for a BGS 9.5 /25 Prizm Jared Sullinger auto, so an extra 15 for a shorter print hall of farmer made sense.