`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misprint Card Value '99 Metal Universe (Ripken Jr./Schilling)

Misprint Card Value '99 Metal Universe (Ripken Jr./Schilling)
Hey! New here...was going through my stuff the other day and re-found a 1999 Metal Universe misprint card I have. It's a Cal Ripken Jr. MLPD #290 and a Curt Schilling #223 printed on top of each other. My friend is a huge O's fan so I wanted to see ballpark what something like this even goes for before I just gave it to her. It's in excellent condition...any help in valuing this thing is greatly appreciated.

Having trouble attaching pics so I put them in a google doc you can see here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks!
Drew
Attached now....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Misprint Card Value '99 Metal Universe (Ripken Jr./Schilling)
Not worthless but close to it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

it's considered a flawed card. for most collector's, it would be worth less than either original cards (which is around a dollar). you might find a hardcore collector who would want it, but dont expect to get more than a dollar or two at most

Okay. I wasn't sure how those were valued since it's theoretically, very rare. i'll take any second/third opinions if anyone thinks otherwise, hah.

Put it up on eBay as rare error or 1/1 and see what you get for it.......Smile
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

It's a flawed card and a schilling or Ripken collector would want it. For a set collector they stay away from cards like this
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Yeah like everyone else said its pretty much worthless, its not an error but a misprint
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

if you find a ripken collector or a schilling collector.... they might like to add it to their collection as an oddball/misprint but I wouldn't expect for that card anyone to pay a premium for it if they did we are talking maybe $3-5 shipped at the very very most and thats on a generous side.

sometimes misprints like this could bring a much higher premium but its usually case by case player by player... a key card/insert for a high $$$ player... then you might be talking. say this was a 1993 finest refractor misprinted with ripken and someone else on it? then yeah you'd have something unique/special and could potentially milk extra from it.

but for this one- if you have someone who would enjoy the card - I'd say pass it along for sure!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors