`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Is Really Slow / Talkes Forever To Add Cards To Organize
04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Site Is Really Slow / Talkes Forever To Add Cards To Organize
Hello I Have Been Experiencing Difficulties While trying to add cards to my organize i click to add it and it says saving and i sit there for 5 minutes and it still dosent save
Also When I Search For a card or go to my organize it takes at least 30 seconds to even get to the screen
I Am Using Google Chrome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: Site Is Really Slow / Talkes Forever To Add Cards To Organize
Same here, but I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. This happens often, but hopefully they will fix the issue soon.

[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/
04-21-2013, 03:41 AM
look, it's really slow tonight, but im adding 100+ cards every half hour. how? just use tabs, so you dont have any downtime

i keep two tabs open for org searches, 3 for opg searches (if you dont need to do a lot of org searches, just use 1)

i havent waited for a single tab to open using this method, and im blazing through orders right now. even when the site is running fast, i use this method

and know your keyboard shortcuts. with multiple tabs, tab jumping is crucial. (ctrl+tab to go to the next tab, ctrl+shift+tab to go to the previous tab)

also, get to know the tricks. parenthesis searches in the ORG is a huge time saver. say you have 5 tony gwynn cards you want to search for. just type "tony gwynn (206-h5-87-hall-ionix)" and you will get all the tony gwynn cards with those numbers. or, use only parenthesis: "(week-46-stanton)" will pull up any cards with those attributes

and remember you use partial terms in opg searches. if the word in your search is 3 characters or more, you only need to type the first 3 letters. so instead of searching for "1999 Topps Chrome Refractors #125 Scott Rolen" i can just type "rol 125 ref". for people with horrible typing skills (*this guy*), that is invaluable

also: while yes, it is the site, browser choice (and addons) can make a difference. im using firefox with adblock and redirect remover, which is light years faster than IE9, or firefox without adblocker

(08-06-2014 11:33 AM)jaykayzee Wrote:  Don't confuse "not valuable" with "not collectible".
04-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Right after they did their most recent update a month or so ago the site was moving very quickly for me on Firefox. For the last couple weeks though, the site has been going turtle slow. I was beginning to think that Beckett was finally making jumps forward, but I guess I jumped the gun in thinking so. No wonder so many people have left for other trading sites...

[Image: stlbanner_zpsa32abf00.jpg]
04-24-2013, 02:32 AM
(04-21-2013 03:43 PM)slufan83 Wrote:  Right after they did their most recent update a month or so ago the site was moving very quickly for me on Firefox. For the last couple weeks though, the site has been going turtle slow. I was beginning to think that Beckett was finally making jumps forward, but I guess I jumped the gun in thinking so. No wonder so many people have left for other trading sites...

If they dont come through with this "matchmaker" pretty soon that they have been promising, they are gonna be losing quite a few more people..

[Image: chargers-1-1_zps17ad5757.gif]
04-24-2013, 12:32 PM
(04-24-2013 02:32 AM)sdbolts Wrote:  If they dont come through with this "matchmaker" pretty soon that they have been promising, they are gonna be losing quite a few more people..

Actually I don't seem to remember it ever being promised, rather it was a rumor going around that it was coming.
When you get right down to it we have no contact with Beckett except calling customer service and we know how helpful they can be.

05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Only on Beckett, do you not get what you paid for and nothing is ever done about it.

Hours trying to use the organize and nothing.

This site will never get better.

Avoid madhatter74! The rudest and most unreasonable members I have EVER met on these boards!

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!