IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: USPS Tracking
Question 
OT: USPS Tracking
So I just paid for some items on ebay.

Instantly, it said one of them had been shipped with a tracking #.

How is this possible?

Did he just print a tracking # from the post office website?
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: OT: USPS Tracking
It's a PayPal/eBay service and I assume it must be linked to USPS.
It simply assigns the next available tracking number and when they drop off the package at the PO the true tracking begins. Pretty misleading.

I didn't think they did that for international shipping though.

(04-20-2013, 04:01 PM)sonic311 Wrote: It's a PayPal/eBay service and I assume it must be linked to USPS.
It simply assigns the next available tracking number and when they drop off the package at the PO the true tracking begins. Pretty misleading.

(04-20-2013, 05:17 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: I didn't think they did that for international shipping though.
they have always had it for international, but it stops at the border. supposedly, it extends beyond the border now for some countries

thank you kindly

(04-20-2013, 05:55 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: they have always had it for international, but it stops at the border. supposedly, it extends beyond the border now for some countries

It's also possible the shipper uses eBay's Global Shipping Program like I do, where I ship the item to an eBay facility domestically and they take care of international shipping from there. Your tracking could be for the package going that far.

doubtful. ebay usually tells you if it is. any internationally shipping was only $3 from this seller. i just hope he sent the package to the right address.

(04-20-2013, 08:29 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: It's also possible the shipper uses eBay's Global Shipping Program like I do, where I ship the item to an eBay facility domestically and they take care of international shipping from there. Your tracking could be for the package going that far.