`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay sellers - What is too low to sell?

Ebay sellers - What is too low to sell?
I don't sell a lot on Ebay but I am at a spot right now where I have a lot of cards in the $20-$40 range. Ideally, I would like to sell these cards but between Ebay fees, Paypal transfer fees, and shipping hassles it makes it almost not worth going to the trouble to sell them.

So my question is do you have run into situations like this and what do you feel is too low to put up with the fees and hassles of selling on Ebay?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Ebay sellers - What is too low to sell?
Ebay is the best option out there hands down. Unless you have a big margin between cost and sales its rarely going to be worth it lol but it is an option to move some stuff. Depending on what you need cash wise it can be well worth it to move $20 to $40 cards there. I've sold many a $10 cards on there. Encourage combined shipping or offer free shipping and utilize your monthly free listings. Every where you sell is going to cost you money - Be it ebay fees, show fees or people wanting below ebay on message boards - Its still going to cost you.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(04-20-2013, 12:18 PM)branesergen Wrote: Ebay is the best option out there hands down. Unless you have a big margin between cost and sales its rarely going to be worth it lol but it is an option to move some stuff. Depending on what you need cash wise it can be well worth it to move $20 to $40 cards there. I've sold many a $10 cards on there. Encourage combined shipping or offer free shipping and utilize your monthly free listings. Every where you sell is going to cost you money - Be it ebay fees, show fees or people wanting below ebay on message boards - Its still going to cost you.
+1
Also keep in mind a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay, just because it books $20 will not mean it will sell for that.

[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

Have you thought about using COMC? I find that the percentage of BV I get above eBay far exceeds the fees they charge. The additional perks of not having to bother with scanning, listing, packaging, shipping, and dealing with non-paying bidders or returns also make COMC very attractive.

If you are a first time user you can use the $20 off fees coupon. You could probably simply write "First Time Seller" on your submission form and they would honor it.

I list rookies or inserts at 99 cent sometimes. I mean I have bought Bruce Carter cards for that low, theres always people looking for certain players or certain sets. I will list them when they offer free listing and if they sell for the dollar then they sell and eventually it adds up to a PC card. Shipping is really easy but im used to it by now.

I find myself questioning how much it is worth it to sell on the bay right now too. It seems if I list too high stuff doesn't sell, but if I list too low I'm not making any money. Say I sell a $10 card for $1.99 plus $2.50 shipping. Well the mailer I ship in is gonna be at least $1, shipping at least $2, eBay is gonna take a percentage and I believe paypal does too. So say they add up to $1, I just sold a $10 card and made out with maybe $1. I've decided to try to sell lots so that I'm moving more and in hopes that the bidding will go a bit higher!
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(04-20-2013, 10:19 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: I find myself questioning how much it is worth it to sell on the bay right now too. It seems if I list too high stuff doesn't sell, but if I list too low I'm not making any money. Say I sell a $10 card for $1.99 plus $2.50 shipping. Well the mailer I ship in is gonna be at least $1, shipping at least $2, eBay is gonna take a percentage and I believe paypal does too. So say they add up to $1, I just sold a $10 card and made out with maybe $1. I've decided to try to sell lots so that I'm moving more and in hopes that the bidding will go a bit higher!
I get 4 x 7 mailers for about 21 cents each and I don't use Ebay shipping labels so quite regularly I can make a few Pennies off shipping. But yes you will sell lots of $10 cards for only a buck or two.

[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

I tried even selling cards t. 99 free shipping with the option of first class for 1,64 most chose the free option but after ebaybtakes theirnfees and paypal takes theirs I made, 09 after the stamp. Then ifnyou go the route of starting them low and make you shiping a little higher you can make a few cents of shipping but it will deter alot of people because of high shipping Lots are the way to go IMO I think Im going to try COMC next
Photobucket