`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about pricing

Question about pricing
Hey all, we are new to the whole card business, I know a lot of other collectors and store owners use these forums, my question is when I use beckett.com price guide they say that stuff limited to around 10 or less are NA for value. How do you figure out what to sell your cards at your stores for when this happens, I know its rare that you get full value, but I wouldn't even know where to start the selling price, I checked ebay, and I cannot find any of the cards I want to put in our store and online. I added a pic of a card we want to put in but have no clue what to price it at. 2011 Panini contender Ronnie Lott Auto that is short print to 10 or less, and is graded 9.5 from bgs. As I said I checked eBay, and Beckett, anyone have any other ideas of where I can search to find going rates? I even just did a standard Google search and found nothing.
Sorry for some reason my picture isn't working. I guess I should learn how to post pictures first lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Question about pricing
There is a section to have it apraised my man
[Image: c06ca6d0f47af68578ae577e3244d8cf_zps7ffe40f1.jpg]
Always looking for Charles Woodson RC, Daryle Lamonica, Tim Brown, Howie Long

Trading for Derek Carr and Rod Streater

(These are the main guys I collect)

Or just check the Bay every now and again to see if you see one similar to yours. what someone else is willing to pay is what your current SV (sales value) is going to be for the most part.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay! And yes Beckett has a section where they appraise it for you. But just because they put a price tag on it doesn't mean you will even get close to that price for it. It depends on the player and if he's hot or not. And I assume that's how becektt would appraise it as well.

Thx for the help, I really don't want to spend $15 dollars each time I want to know the price, and like the gentleman said, its just a number they affix. it doesn't mean I will get that. I was mostly just curious how other people decide what to charge. yea I could throw it on ebay for .99 cents and let it go, for the duration, but I also could lose big on it .

Thx for the replies I appreciate it.

(04-19-2013, 07:44 PM)refracollector Wrote: Its only worth what someone is willing to pay! And yes Beckett has a section where they appraise it for you. But just because they put a price tag on it doesn't mean you will even get close to that price for it. It depends on the player and if he's hot or not. And I assume that's how becektt would appraise it as well.
That Ronnie Lott card you have is a nice piece ! His cards sell well on ebay. He don't sign a whole lot so that card would maybe sell on ebay for around $60.00. Cards that rare , you have got to have 49ers fan or a Lott Collector willing to pay top dollar for it. if it had a piece of jersey in it, would maybe sell for $149.00.......but thats if someone wants it real bad. I have a 2010 national treasures SER#5/5 i paid $40.00 for it. some day i may sell it for $100.00, i think thats a fair price, but the next guy may only want to pay me $40......its a give and take, how much do you have in it? try and make 40% profit on it.....that is a good range.
[Image: cowboys.jpg]
John Slitzer / MVSSportsCards
Always Collecting Dallas Cowboys Autoghaphs & All Hall Of Famers!!!