How much are you willing to pay?

RE: How much are you willing to pay?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Wink
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(04-19-2013, 08:36 PM)ugameck Wrote: 42

That's the answer.
That's too much for a non auto even if it is numbered to only 10. I'll have to redirect my focus on something else. Big Grin
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I paid $62.50 for the 'S' in my signature and it is numbered out of 50. It is not AU'd and the RU is of a stupid car cover. It was the 8th time I tried to win one of those and I was not letting one get away from me once again. It completed my set and will never leave my collection, unless all 7 cards go at one time for a substantial amount of money AND only b/c I need the money at that time!
Card values/prices are always circumstantial and you have to go by who wants it the most. 6 months after I won that card, the entire set sold for less than $100. I had been telling that person for about a year that he would make more money breaking it up. I offered him $75 for the 'S' alone and he could have sold all the rest at less than BV and still made a profit. He didn't bite and ended up selling the entire 7 card set for less than the 'S' was worth by itself. The BV's on those have dropped since then, but he still messed up bad. My card is still worth more than I paid and slightly more than I offered him at the time. The entire set is still valued at about 3x what he sold it for.

it's a subset with quite a following ..... look at the gold Prizm basketball ..... you would be able to touch a popular players auto for that low of a price ..... Wink

(04-19-2013, 11:44 AM)uwash97 Wrote: Depends on how badly I want the card. If there are only 5 copies of a card and you want it, then you have to pay what it takes to get it, especially if it's a popular player. Or a popular set.
I don't agree completely with this. As a buyer and part-time seller, I have bought and sold a lot of cards #/5. Almost always it as been below the asking price or early sells.

The longer I stay in this hobby, the mor I have had to learn patience. When newer products come out or we move on to the next year, these cards will sit until the next "shiny" object comes along.

Most players I've seen (with the exception of icons like Peyton or Brady) in the last 5 yrs don't generate the interest unless they win a Super Bowl.

I do agree however scarcity of a popular brand can be a problem. Ask yourself if you can do without it. If so, then stick to your guns on price. If you must have it and the price is higher than you want, sell something you can do without to decrease your cost..

If there is less than 10, I go the extra mile in most cases. It may be a long time before you see another, if ever. I have a budget I like to try stick to when it comes to cards like that. Some days I get lucky, some days I don't.

(04-21-2013, 10:38 AM)mnc99 Wrote: If there is less than 10, I go the extra mile in most cases. It may be a long time before you see another, if ever. I have a budget I like to try stick to when it comes to cards like that. Some days I get lucky, some days I don't.
Unfortunately, sellers know this too. A bidding war in a straight auto or a high (and unflexible BIN) will kill your budget. Most of the time (and with time) sellers who want to get rid of the inventory will come down in price.

I bought a lot of low numbered Matt Ryan stuff his rookie year. I'm not that big of a fan. in 2012, I started getting rid of some of it. I got nowhere close to what was put in to them (including a 1/1).

With patience, you'll find more.

Since NT was released and 5-Star this weekend, I've seen less traffic in my auctions than usual. If I want to move stuff, this would be the time for deals (I have a different name on EBay, so I'm not plugging any auctions, just proving a point). People seem to be saving money for the new high end stuff right now.

From my experiences, don't be the first to blink and you'll win out most of the time. Your bank account and buyer's remorse will thank you later. Believe me, I know....

(04-21-2013, 10:58 AM)melcmd Wrote: Unfortunately, sellers know this too. A bidding war in a straight auto or a high (and unflexible BIN) will kill your budget. Most of the time (and with time) sellers who want to get rid of the inventory will come down in price.

I bought a lot of low numbered Matt Ryan stuff his rookie year. I'm not that big of a fan. in 2012, I started getting rid of some of it. I got nowhere close to what was put in to them (including a 1/1).

With patience, you'll find more.

Since NT was released and 5-Star this weekend, I've seen less traffic in my auctions than usual. If I want to move stuff, this would be the time for deals (I have a different name on EBay, so I'm not plugging any auctions, just proving a point). People seem to be saving money for the new high end stuff right now.

From my experiences, don't be the first to blink and you'll win out most of the time. Your bank account and buyer's remorse will thank you later. Believe me, I know....
I did the same thing. I bought some numbered to 3 and 5 and spent in the hundreds for them. Sold them back and got nothing close to what I spent on them.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

A tannehill went over 250 ... but thats a rookie too

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's