`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why?

RE: Way OT: Do you have a smart phone/what kind/carrier and why?
HTC EVO 4G on Sprint. I'd like to get the Google Nexus 4 when my agreement ends in a month, I'll probably switch carriers too.

(04-18-2013, 07:07 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: iPhone 5 on AT&T. I have been with them since 2000 (well bellsouth then Cingular)
But they always had better service back then. I haven't had an issue with AT&T.
As for the iPhone, I'm a Mac nerd. MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone...you get the picture.
I've had every iPhone since the first one. Smile
What he said.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Nexus 4 is hot stuff, normally go for $350 plus on the secondary market right? IDK what is in store for me, this contract doesn't end for around a year. I would prefer to stay with this carrier, as they are the local Union provider. They did just merge the wireless division with the biggest open shop provider to help combat the big box carriers coming to town.

JoeCallahan - I think I just found a way to load rom's for the epic touch 4g and edit them on my phone, so tomorrow I will either have a custom 4.2.2 rom or a brick lol.

How much of a factor did price play into everyone's decisions? When I got my first smart phone the iphone was a few months out from service here and looking like $400+ so I went with the $99 moto.IDK if I would have gone iphoney if the cost wasn't such an issue at the time.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Cost wasn't an issue at all for me because I am a phone nerd. There are a few things that I splurge on, and my phone is one of them.

The good news is: it's getting harder and harder to actually "brick" a phone, so you should at least be able to restore it. :-)

If you are not looking to get something like.... tomorrow.... wait for the new Google/Moto offerings IMO. I have had just over 30 smartphones (like I said, I am a nerd) of all makes, but Moto has always been my favorite for build quality. The only downside I ever had with Motorolas was the TERRIBLE cameras, the locked down bootloaders and the lack of support from the dev community due to the locked bootloaders. (And slow updates) It seems as all of those things will be addressed and solved with Google's input and control.

In any case, I get the feeling you are like me and enjoy the customizing/modding aspect and wringing out every ounce of functionality you can get. If that's the case, you would be extremely unhappy and frustrated with the iphone. People can suggest jailbreaking all they want, but it's not the same.

I got the droid incredible 2 on Verizon. I have a free upgrade im going to use soon enough, because as much as I loved this phone at first, its just getting worse and worse, and ill be switching to the iphone.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

I just cannot believe the money people spend on IPhones. it's just ridiculous...That being said, some of us pay a lot of money for cardboard, which to me is justifiable...

[Image: kegparty.gif]
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(04-19-2013, 11:27 AM)mrdub Wrote: I got the droid incredible 2 on Verizon. I have a free upgrade im going to use soon enough, because as much as I loved this phone at first, its just getting worse and worse, and ill be switching to the iphone.
Nooooooo!
(04-19-2013, 06:16 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I just cannot believe the money people spend on IPhones. it's just ridiculous...That being said, some of us pay a lot of money for cardboard, which to me is justifiable...

[Image: kegparty.gif]
Funny, people who don't collect probably think the money they spend on phones is totally justified, and we're all nuts for the money we spend on cardboard.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Phone: Samsung Fusion (DONT GET IT, IT'S CRAP)
Carrier: ATT
WHY: Because it's the only carrier that works at my summer job (Beaver Island, in the middle of Lake Michigan)
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I got an Iphone 4 and my carrier is verizon. yes i know my model is a dinosaur now but i really could care less. never really cared much about smart phones and the only reason i got an Iphone was because it was only $100 through my carrier and because my cheap flip phone finally kicked the bucket after 4 years of abuse.

[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

From an emergency point of view, go with a major carrier and not a "pay as you go" phone. You're taking your life into your own hands with a prepaid phone. Even TMobile in some locales is a risky proposition.

To answer your question: Droid 4, Verizon. I hate having to have a cell phone and it's the first phone I ever actually paid for upfront instead of the usual free phone at upgrade (old phone went swimming). I'm not a fan but it was cheaper than an Iphone.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram