`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Pack searchers.. haters REVENGE !!!

RE: A Pack searchers.. haters REVENGE !!!
The wand could have been a metal detector or it could have been something to check for or disable the security stickers inside the boxes.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Haha. This guy looks like he would carry a wand with him for magical powers or something... Maybe Gandolff the wizard gave it to him one day in the shire... Hobbit.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

This is a new one for me. I've seen scales, the good old fashioned hands-on method and most recently a UV light of some sort, which apparently helps determine if there are sticker autos in a pack. I don't know, but I'm done with retail singles and possibly hanger packs. Blasters only at this point, I think.
Kepler

(11-07-2013, 11:43 AM)zeprock Wrote: My guess would be that it is some sort of metal detector so he can find the ring cards. Maybe?
Absolutly correct......sheesh.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Would the metal detector be strong enough to pick up on serial #'d foil? The thickness and wait of a ring card would have to be pretty obvious...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I know I saw him running it over Topps blasters. THAT would make sense...
Do they make those things THAT small now a days... This thing wasn't bigger than like the cans of air...
Even that seems to big.... BUT it was all I could come up with atm...

And that I think of it.... IT did BEEP...

Was he waving the wand over packs or blasters? If it is packs then I'm guessing metal detector as others have said. If boxes ye has a shoplifter in thy midst as I would agree with the guess that it was doing something to the security tags.
Well guess you were posting the answer to my question as I was typing it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(11-07-2013, 01:38 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Was he waving the wand over packs or blasters? If it is packs then I'm guessing metal detector as others have said. If boxes ye has a shoplifter in thy midst as I would agree with the guess that it was doing something to the security tags.
Well guess you were posting the answer to my question as I was typing it.
I only briefly saw him as I was heading out. As I said get a life.... LOL

Then I dec. to go to one of my managers and see what they do about HIS TYPE !!!!

My original post was going to be along the lines of "I bet he'll be back, regardless of his sudden BMB fame..." but then you beat me to it with your update post.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

This is one of my favorite threads ever ... and it was a lot of fun reading the funny a-- s--t I posted the first time, LOL