`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*sigh* why the mrs. doesnt understand the card hobby

*sigh* why the mrs. doesnt understand the card hobby
Well, I had to drive down the road to walgreens to get some black paper (I like to use it to get high quality scans of cards that I want to send it to get graded so we can see edges and centering)

She decided to let the dog into my mancave

Normally not a problem...I come home...to find the stack of cards I was going to scan on the floor

Ok still not a problem...tad irritating...but not a problem

I pick up the first card....covered in drool

ok if it's a high gloss I might still be ok (It was the ONLY one not in a penny sleeve and toploader)

...well it wasnt a high gloss....it was...MY LARRY BIRD RC (no not the expensive one with Dr. J/Magic the other one lol)

....well...I guess I wont get that one graded lol my poor celtics PC

Guess I need to trade for another one now Sad
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: *sigh* why the mrs. doesnt understand the card hobby
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I am lucky in this capacity. I didn't get back into collecting until I was engaged to my wife. Prior to that she would always say "you need to find a hobby". She sorts my cards when I bust wax. She actually even busts the wax with me, knows the players to look for...not just the guys that I collect but the guys who should be going into top loaders.
From time to time she even buys wax for me. She comes to the LCS with me and is generally accepted by all of the regulars. Again, I am lucky in this capacity.

Does your wife have any interest at all in the hobby? In regards to these events, does she understand that condition of these cards is everything?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(04-17-2013, 08:35 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I am lucky in this capacity. I didn't get back into collecting until I was engaged to my wife. Prior to that she would always say "you need to find a hobby". She sorts my cards when I bust wax. She actually even busts the wax with me, knows the players to look for...not just the guys that I collect but the guys who should be going into top loaders.
From time to time she even buys wax for me. She comes to the LCS with me and is generally accepted by all of the regulars. Again, I am lucky in this capacity.

Does your wife have any interest at all in the hobby? In regards to these events, does she understand that condition of these cards is everything?
Lucky man. I got back into collecting last year and my girlfriend has been very involved. Got me a few nice graded Star MJs for my display and love ripping wax with me. She even understands when I opt to drop 1k on a card instead of a couch for our place Wink

To the OP, props to you for staying so zen. I would have flipped the F out. My Bird/Magic is one of my fav cards. My mancave (if i actually had more than a showbox in NYC) would have a fat hole in the wall!! Sorry for your loss. If I find my PSA 9 at the national you get first dibs on my 8 if you still need it.

What happened sucks but look at the bright side, only one card was damaged.
Props on keeping your cool as well, dont know if I would've taken it as well as you did.
So what happens to the dog? He'd be banned from the mancave in my home.
I'm actually buying my first home and am lucky that there is an extra room that I will be able to use as a mancave.

ooooooh I am hoping the dog won't be banished from the house....

Juan, Congrats on buying your first home! Owning a home is a great experience....except when the tax bill comes in.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Trade for another dog.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]
Smile 
(04-17-2013, 12:23 PM)quavis Wrote: Trade for another dog.
rofl
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Yes I will trade my dog for a card that books for less than 30 bucks Tongue lol who wants it!

I knew I felt a disturbance in the force, but wasn't sure what it was until now. (I should have viewed the faint smell of doggy breathe in the back of my nose as a clue, in hindsight)

Seriously though I have multiple copies of every one of them and would be willing to help a brotha out if you want.
I am a Larry Bird QUANTITY collector first and foremost. Also K-Love.[Image: Birdbannergraded.jpg]

(04-17-2013, 02:15 PM)forthebirds Wrote: I knew I felt a disturbance in the force, but wasn't sure what it was until now. (I should have viewed the faint smell of doggy breathe in the back of my nose as a clue, in hindsight)

Seriously though I have multiple copies of every one of them and would be willing to help a brotha out if you want.
If you'd like to trade one of your dupes I'd be totally psyched!