`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok...now that we know I want an MJ...help me pick one!

RE: ok...now that we know I want an MJ...help me pick one!
(04-16-2013, 06:48 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: thats quite alright, I don't mind the wait Smile
You say you don't mind waiting, but let 6 months pass without finding a card you want and you might find that $1500 or $2000 or whatever amount you have to spend will be burning a serious hole in your pocket and you will probably spend it on something else.

I'm not saying to settle for something you don't want, but like everyone says, those older Jordan Autos from when he was playing are hard to find.

Not sure is this is true, but I did hear that PSA or BGS or maybe even both of them are no longer authenticating pre-1998 autographed cards. Has something to do with alot of those being faked because they don't have an authentication sticker from topps or upper deck or whoever and people were figuring out ways to compy the embossing like they used in the skybox autographics sets. So if this is true then that MJ auto would never be authenticated by these grading companies.

Thats a steep price to pay for a card especially if your not 100% it's authentic and could resell it as authentic someday if you wanted to.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(04-16-2013, 07:05 PM)briankort Wrote: You say you don't mind waiting, but let 6 months pass without finding a card you want and you might find that $1500 or $2000 or whatever amount you have to spend will be burning a serious hole in your pocket and you will probably spend it on something else.

I'm not saying to settle for something you don't want, but like everyone says, those older Jordan Autos from when he was playing are hard to find.

Not sure is this is true, but I did hear that PSA or BGS or maybe even both of them are no longer authenticating pre-1998 autographed cards. Has something to do with alot of those being faked because they don't have an authentication sticker from topps or upper deck or whoever and people were figuring out ways to compy the embossing like they used in the skybox autographics sets. So if this is true then that MJ auto would never be authenticated by these grading companies.

Thats a steep price to pay for a card especially if your not 100% it's authentic and could resell it as authentic someday if you wanted to.
I could tie it up for 6 months in a C.D. lol then we'd have like 1,250 to spend on the card Tongue lol but you have a good point about the authenticity things, never really thought of it!

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(04-16-2013, 07:21 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I could tie it up for 6 months in a C.D. lol then we'd have like 1,250 to spend on the card Tongue lol but you have a good point about the authenticity things, never really thought of it!
Don't know if you checked CD rates lately but for a 6 month CD it is like .35%. So after tying up your $1000 for 6 months you would have $1003.50. Not really worth it to make $3.50. And on top of that you would have to pay uncle sam taxes on that $3.50 as well.

CD's aren't what they used to be because interest rates for everything have dropped so low. I mean you can finance your house now for like 3.5%. Savings accounts used to give you 3%, but I think even those are less than .5% now.

As far as the authentication goes, get that verified. Like I said I am not sure if that is really true about PSA and Beckett not authenticating them anymore.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I too am looking into my first MJ auto for my collection. I never bought into these but having met the man last week and not being able to ask him for his sig, I decided it was OK to add one.

I hear everyone's thoughts on auto's from his playing days but they don't come up too often and sometimes go for serious coin. I def think a Bulls uniform is nicer than a UNC card but either way, its the man signing a card. Its the nice, clean, bold sig you are after. I am looking at all types of MJ autos as long as the sig is BOLD. At the end of the day, I don't want to break the bank because of the uniform he is in or the serial number on the card.

I do think on card is better than sticker since that means the card was right in his hand but again, quality of sig is most important.

I know you said you were looking at his playing days but have you considered his 2003-04 Ultimate Collection auto?

IMO it is one of his nicest looking autos especially with the white background..

its also not extremely difficult to find..

[Image: arod.gif]

(04-17-2013, 09:32 AM)arod1973 Wrote: I know you said you were looking at his playing days but have you considered his 2003-04 Ultimate Collection auto?

IMO it is one of his nicest looking autos especially with the white background..

its also not extremely difficult to find..
Two on ebay I am watching right now. Beautiful cards. They are both at or slightly above $700 with 4+ days remaining."The Shot" one is a stunner. I won't be bidding so at least you won't have me running up the price Wink

If you're looking for Bold....
 photo cards113.jpg

Thats the one I got from him while he was smoking a big fat cigar.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Awesome sig, too bad he is in a Carolina Uni! HAHAHAHAHA.

In person auto, congrats. Talk about a crown jewel.

Lol, I know, I shoulda gotten in a Bulls. Just hard when youre in NC. Means more to a Carolina Boy I guess. I never been to Chicago...
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]