`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I have a question about group breaks

I have a question about group breaks
I was just wondering how these work? I see them all the time on the bay and always wanted to do one just didn't know they work. So if someone could explain this to me it would help Smile ...
[Image: c06ca6d0f47af68578ae577e3244d8cf_zps7ffe40f1.jpg]
Always looking for Charles Woodson RC, Daryle Lamonica, Tim Brown, Howie Long

Trading for Derek Carr and Rod Streater

(These are the main guys I collect)

RE: I have a question about group breaks
just dont do them. people will come here and say they know a guy that runs an honest one...doesnt matter

they are tons of ways to scam with group breaks, even if there is video

if you must do a group break, do a local one, that is opened right in front of you

(04-16-2013, 09:15 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: just dont do them. people will come here and say they know a guy that runs an honest one...doesnt matter

they are tons of ways to scam with group breaks, even if there is video

if you must do a group break, do a local one, that is opened right in front of you
Only participate in LIVE breaks. Contact me on more information.
Eddie George Super Collector

(04-16-2013, 09:17 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Only participate in LIVE breaks. Contact me on more information.
only if "live" is right in front of you. even "live" via video can have scams

(04-16-2013, 09:35 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: only if "live" is right in front of you. even "live" via video can have scams
You've gotta realize there is always a risk in any break you do. Live, recorded or what not. They could be sitting in front of you, and the slight movement of a hand could "scam" you.

Only safe way to do so is open your own box. Problem with that, not everyone can go out and spend what the hobby is demanding for boxes these days.

You've gotta do your research. See if other people can vouch for the said person, and if all else fails, test it out. Only pay through paypal. DO NOT GIFT, unless you've dealt with the person on multiple occasion. So if something does go wrong, you get your money back.
Eddie George Super Collector

I would say that the chances of hitting a scam are 50/50. I've been on a number of Packers breaks from one or two breakers, and have come out with around 20 Packers autos, and quite a number of low numbered parallels. Not to mention I've gotten some good hits like a Tannehill auto from Valor, along with some interesting Playbook stuff. But, I'm sure for every auto I've gotten, there's somebody who's been burned by a breaker, so take that with a grain of salt. I'll continue to break with the guys I deal with, though I won't be doing it as much for a while because I need to get some recent debt paid off. I would say try out one that has an extremely high feedback with extremely low to 0 negatives, and if you don't like the experience, then you don't ever have to buy one again. And pick one that you don't have to spend much on, so if you don't get any hits, you're not out much. You never know, you may get something really good.

Thank you for the help Smile
[Image: c06ca6d0f47af68578ae577e3244d8cf_zps7ffe40f1.jpg]
Always looking for Charles Woodson RC, Daryle Lamonica, Tim Brown, Howie Long

Trading for Derek Carr and Rod Streater

(These are the main guys I collect)

(04-16-2013, 10:11 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: You've gotta realize there is always a risk in any break you do. Live, recorded or what not. They could be sitting in front of you, and the slight movement of a hand could "scam" you.

Only safe way to do so is open your own box. Problem with that, not everyone can go out and spend what the hobby is demanding for boxes these days.

You've gotta do your research. See if other people can vouch for the said person, and if all else fails, test it out. Only pay through paypal. DO NOT GIFT, unless you've dealt with the person on multiple occasion. So if something does go wrong, you get your money back.
Ive come to realize that getting your money back even through paypal now days isnt a guaranteed thing. I got in on a group break last year for crown royale and bought into it about a month before the product went live. Then the product got pushed back. Then the guy who was doing the break just went missing and I couldnt file a claim through ebay because apparently they have a new 40 day rule or something. They didnt use to have that and I was unaware so I just lost my money altogether. Pissed me off big time.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

nthnoak, thanks for bringing that up! I hadn't thought about mentioning it. Don't buy a break for something that's not out yet, unless you already know the people doing the break and know if they are legit or not. I avoid buying breaks for "presale" because of exactly what nthnoak mentions, unless it's someone I've dealt with enough.