`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wanted to Buy: 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas

Wanted to Buy: 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas
Hey guys! I'm looking for a couple of cards to help me complete my collection. What I'm looking for are the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas #1 and #135.

If you have one for sale or trade, or know someone who does, reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks!

RE: Wanted to Buy: 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas
(04-15-2013, 11:10 PM)Letch77 Wrote: Hey guys! I'm looking for a couple of cards to help me complete my collection. What I'm looking for are the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Frank Thomas #1 and #135.

If you have one for sale or trade, or know someone who does, reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks!
Bump! Smile

There must not be many of these around...still in boxes?

(07-23-2015, 04:18 PM)Letch77 Wrote: There must not be many of these around...still in boxes?
Like yourself, I don't come to this forum very often; so I'm not sure you'll ever get this reply.

However, that said, what you're looking for is probably #1 on every hardcore Thomas Collector's list.

Additionally, '96 Select Certified Mirror Golds are, arguably, the most expensive card issue of the 1990s.

IIRC, we're not supposed to share pricing information on these boards, so you'll have to do your best searching out other sources for specifics.

I will say that if you're a big fan of Big Frank - reach out via social media. There's a private group specifically for collectors who do his collectibles.

Finally, you can pretty much guarantee that all 30 of his Mirror Golds have been busted. There's virtually no unopened product left, and what little there is, isn't mathematically likely to contain a Mirror Gold.

The challenge is, as I mentioned, this is arguably the single most collected issue from the 1990s - meaning it's also the most expensive. The hurdle to overcome is offering enough money to the collectors who are holding examples. Tough enough from player collectors, but there are many Set Collectors who will never break their stashes up.