Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1960 Topps Baseball "WHITE BACK"
Question 
1960 Topps Baseball "WHITE BACK"
I am working on completing my old 1960 Topps Baseball set that I started as a kid many years ago. I've bought and sold cards on e-bay, etc trying to complete it. Now, I've noticed that some cards are noted as "WHITE BACK". WHY???
I bought a couple of them with this notation ... they just look like very clean tan colored backs to me. Just lighter that the other cards with the same numbers.
Why are they called "WHITE BACK"?????
Please help....

RE: 1960 Topps Baseball "WHITE BACK"
Differs by series. Here is what PSA has to say:
The 1960 set consists of 572 cards that were released in seven different series. Series One are cards 1-110 with backs that are cream white in color. Series Two are cards 111-198 with grey backs. Series Three are cards 199-286 that have creamy colored white backs. Series Four are cards 287-374 that have grey backs. Series Five are cards 375-440 and can be found with one of three different back colors, creamy white, grey, and the scarcer white version. The Sixth Series are cards 441-506 that have grey backs. The final series is the high numbered and short printed Seventh Series that are cards 507-572, and like Series Six, they also have grey backs. One insert card was the "Elect Your Favorite Rookie" card which the collector filled out and returned to Topps.

RE: 1960 Topps Baseball "WHITE BACK"
Thanks for your help.