`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do people hate kobe?

why do people hate kobe?
now that kobe is sidelined for the season, and may very well never be the same again, i'm curious about something...

either you hate him or you love him...there seems to be no in-between...and the same can be said for a lot of superstars.

but why do you dislike or hate kobe, the player...not the man...the player?

RE: why do people hate kobe?
I don't hate him, but I dislike him. Not that I disrespect his game, I just never liked him after the incident with Shaq and I always blamed him for Shaq leaving L.A., but I can't say I hate him because Shaq wouldn't have won those championships without him.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I think people get carried away when they say they hate a player. I mean if you hate someone then when you see them you want to go up to them and punch them in the face or something. Dislike is a little more at the level of most people I think. And I would assume most of them hate him because he doesn't play for their team which means for the last 16 years he has been beating their team most of the time, which is a good reason not to like him I guess.

But I don't hate him or love him. I am in between. I never cheer for him to win or lose (unless they lay Miami). But he is one of the best players the NBA has ever seen and probably up their with Jordan when it comes to being clutch and taking and making the shots to win the game.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

I'll hate him until I finally get a Kobe auto Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

He was accused of rape a few years back, while he was married. That turned some heads. As a player, hard not to like the guy, but this above, and the kobe/shaq whine fest, put a sour taste in people's mouths.

(04-14-2013, 10:00 PM)Stackfan Wrote: He was accused of rape a few years back, while he was married. That turned some heads.
Raping someone and being accused of rape or 2 completely different things. Anyone at anytime can accuse someone of rape. That doesn't mean it is true. There is no doubt he slept with the girl, but I think she was just looking for a payday. She probably thought he would pay her off to keep everything quiet about them sleeping together and then when he didn't she cried rape.

Besides if you think he is the only pro athlete out there who ever cheated on his wife/girlfriend/fiance then we are being a little naive. Thats why I could believe how crazy everyone went when Tiger got caught. Not saying he was right, but wasn't suprised either. Every few years someone famous gets caught sleeping around.

(04-14-2013, 10:10 PM)briankort Wrote: Raping someone and being accused of rape or 2 completely different things. Anyone at anytime can accuse someone of rape. That doesn't mean it is true. There is no doubt he slept with the girl, but I think she was just looking for a payday. She probably thought he would pay her off to keep everything quiet about them sleeping together and then when he didn't she cried rape.

Besides if you think he is the only pro athlete out there who ever cheated on his wife/girlfriend/fiance then we are being a little naive. Thats why I could believe how crazy everyone went when Tiger got caught. Not saying he was right, but wasn't suprised either. Every few years someone famous gets caught sleeping around.
jesus...look, the story isnt obscure or obtuse. there was consensual sex at first, then he decided to make a back door cut, so to speak, which she didnt want to do. she said no, he kept going. these are facts which are not in dispute.

and that, clearly is rape. is kobe wasnt kobe the nba player, but rather kobe the hamburger flipper, he'd be in prison.

(04-14-2013, 10:21 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: jesus...look, the story isnt obscure or obtuse. there was consensual sex at first, then he decided to make a back door cut, so to speak, which she didnt want to do. she said no, he kept going. these are facts which are not in dispute.

and that, clearly is rape. is kobe wasnt kobe the nba player, but rather kobe the hamburger flipper, he'd be in prison.
Oh so you were there and saw the whole thing happen, right? How do you know he tried to force himself inside her? Because she said so? Or maybe all the witnesses said so. Or maybe even Kobe himself admitted to it. That must be it. And because he was nice enough to admit to it, they let him off with just a warning.

WRONG!

All you have to go on is what she said happened which doesn't make it true. One persons testimony is not facts and are 100% disputable and that is why he didn't go to jail.

the responses to your response seem to be going as i felt it would...this is why i only asked about why people dislike kobe as a player...not as a man.

as a man, i know that he made mistakes that he still needs to come to terms with...but if you base your decision on whether or not you like kobe as a player upon kobe as a man, then you'll need to base your decision on whether or not you like michael jordan (most people look past his faults) or tiger woods (like kobe, most people don't look past his) the same way. and while jordan never got into the same trouble kobe did, he did have his own faults and failings, which i won't elaborate upon.

so, back to the original question, why do people dislike kobe as a player?

(04-14-2013, 10:00 PM)Stackfan Wrote: He was accused of rape a few years back, while he was married. That turned some heads. As a player, hard not to like the guy, but this above, and the kobe/shaq whine fest, put a sour taste in people's mouths.

(04-14-2013, 10:44 PM)kstjst Wrote: the responses to your response seem to be going as i felt it would...this is why i only asked about why people dislike kobe as a player...not as a man.

as a man, i know that he made mistakes that he still needs to come to terms with...but if you base your decision on whether or not you like kobe as a player upon kobe as a man, then you'll need to base your decision on whether or not you like michael jordan (most people look past his faults) or tiger woods (like kobe, most people don't look past his) the same way. and while jordan never got into the same trouble kobe did, he did have his own faults and failings, which i won't elaborate upon.

so, back to the original question, why do people dislike kobe as a player?
as an attempt to assist in pulling this back from oblivion...because he doesn't play for either of my teams?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75