`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
When did you start collecting? Share your memories

RE: When did you start collecting? Share your memories
I started in 1994 at the ripe old age of 20 lol Went with a friend to a shop, bought myself a pack of cards and pulled a Marshall Faulk insert rookie year card and was addicted ever since. Have had several breaks for a couple years at a time but always come back lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I use to collect the Marvel Comic cards, still have a few. Had a huge assortment of basketball, but don't ever remember what happened to them. But football had been my passion since I was young. Playing it in little league through college.
Eddie George Super Collector

I started collecting cards as a kid when I played little league baseball in the early 80s, Fernando Valenzuela was my idol and favorite player, But like a lot of us my Mom threw out all my cards because I had them all scattered all over my bedroom floor so I could see my collection all at once. Then when I got into football in junior high school, I started collecting my favorite football team, the Dallas Cowboys. Mainly the Triplets, Aikman, Irvin, and Smith. But then the hobby exploded and I couldn't keep up with everything coming out so I just focused on Emmitt Smith. I had a good little PC going then one day had my house broken into and had all my cards stolen from me and I got out of collecting. Then I discovered eBay one day in 95 and seen all the new jersey cards that was out and popular, and got into collecting all over again and have going strong ever since. I still love the jersey and multi color patch cards but have been trying to build up my Emmitt Autos part of my collection. I love this hobby and love going to card shows and my LCS.
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html