`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met MJ last night

Met MJ last night
So my gf runs a really high end restaurant here in NYC and texts me to get to her work ASAP. She told me early in the night that Patrick Ewing was coming in. This is no big deal because Ewing comes in all the time and my girl is actually pretty friendly with him since he is a regular. Apparently once Patrick gets there last night, around 930, he mentions he has a party of 6 and one of them is MJ.

I debated cracking my bgs fleer or star RC but MJ never signs from what I hear so I grabbed a raw 87 fleer just in case and threw on my favore jays (some nike air back white 3s) and jet over. She sat me at the raw bar about 20 ft from MJ with a clear view after walking me right by his table. Unfortunately, security was stationed all offer the table and every 10 mins someone got chased away. I was tempted but evryone there knows me and last thing I wanted to do was get my girl in trouble with ownership so I was forced to stay cool.

After 2 hours of chilling and drinking myself silly I went to the front desk area where my girl was to just talk and MJ and his party get up to leave. As he walks out, my girl says goodnight and thanks to him, he stops, looks at my feet, looks back up at me, smiles and says, "yo, nice shoes!" And gets in the elevator. Not gonna lie, it was pretty insane.

I was frozen but managed to say thanks and good night to the man. Never did get the auto but looks like I'll just find a good one on the bay or at the national hahaha.

I did get a pic off my phone but couldn't use the flash and it was a dim restaurant. Blurry as hell. Can still tell its him though.

[Image: image_zpsfd3aa99f.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsbf2fc7f8.jpg]

RE: Met MJ last night
Holy *BLEEP* man! Congrats! I can't imagine the butterflys. Awesome story, way to keep it cool and not get your girl in trouble, I don't think most would have been able to resist.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Its unreal isnt it? I wore my J's when I met him and he said basically the same thing. I was almost to scared to ask for an auto since I realistically could have lost my job. But you only live once so the risk was worth it. You never know how youre gonna feel when you meet him til you do, and it is UNREAL. Star Shock is an understatment. The guy is just amazing! Congrats on a night youll never forget. Seriously, youll remember every detail FOREVER.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Being the competitor he is, I would have went over and said "if we play one on one I will shut you down"
That would have got him fired up!

Would have ended up at the Garden getting dunked on by a 50 year old...lmao

Great story, I would have worn 1's or 11's but your 3's did the trick!!! :-)
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Yeah, it was an insane experience. Really wanted to go for the auto but it would have been really inappropriate and I was just stoked to have a real exchange with the man.

I did think about the AJ ones since I have an OG pair and the concord 11s were tempting but in the end I went white cement, nike air back 3s. Remember reading a few times that those are his favorite pair so I pulled them out from the back of the closet and glad I did.

Now, since I met him, I finally feel like I can buy an auto...which will it be. Hahahahah

He must have been out celebrating that Kobe is out...and might not get to pass him in all-time scoring! lol.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Think about this though...there are two guys on here who wore a specific pair of shoes just b/c they knew there was a chance they would meet Michael Jordan. That is a level of fame beyond comprehension.

I worked one summer at the master's series tennis event in Cincinnati. The first match of the night was running long and Roger Federer came out from the locker room and was standing in like a tunnel area watching a bit of the match. We talked for a few minutes and at one point he eventually interjected, "hey, do you want an autograph or something?" People that famous are actually confused when they're treated normally haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

The 3's are the illest one's. You did the right thing, lol. Congrats
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Man what a cool story! It would have been cool had you got the auto but like you said, you can get one anytime. Granted now you have to pay Smile But regardless the story itself is priceless. IF I ever had the chance to meet MJ I would just ask for a picture together. Great story though man! Beyond jealous.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

"Think about this though...there are two guys on here who wore a specific pair of shoes just b/c they knew there was a chance they would meet Michael Jordan. That is a level of fame beyond comprehension."

Haha! You should have seen me. I was like a kid before the first day of school trying to figure out what to wear. I stared at my Jordan collection for ever trying to decide which pair to wear. I picked my Carolina Blue origional IV's. One because they are my favorite and two, Im in NC. He liked em'! Gotta add that just Shaking his hand is surreal in itself. I could feel his grip for a couple days.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]