`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2013 Press Pass from Target - Almost Heaven

2013 Press Pass from Target - Almost Heaven
So I go into Target to pick up a couple of things and they have these 2013 Press Pass Hobby boxes with 12 hobby packs and 4 autos per box for $74.99. Seemed like a better deal than the blasters with 3 retail packs and one auto per box for $19.99. But still rather strange to see a current hobby product from Target - seriously, Target is now selling current hobby boxes? Or were these different from the boxes in hobby stores - I like Press Pass and the LCS I go to near my house doesn't stock Press Pass, so i picked one up.

And that brings us to the title - Almost Heaven - because this was definitely a West Virginia box (don't have a scanner so no scans):

First auto - bronze auto /89 - Erik Highsmith, wide receiver from North Carolina

Second auto - regular auto - Stedman Bailey, wide receiver from West Virginia.

skipping ahead to the 4th Auto for now:

Fourth auto - regular auto - Sharif Floyd, defensive lineman from Florida (i've seen some mock drafts which have him going to the Eagles so he must be pretty good if he's getting mocked in the Top 5)

And the third auto:

Playmakers autograph /99 - Geno Smith, quarterback, West Virginia.

True fact, this is the third of the past four years that I pulled autos of the top quarterback in the draft class from that same Target - 2010 Topps Magic blaster, Sam Bradford. 2012 - Press Pass Sportstown blaster, Andrew Luck /10. And now 2013.

Another true fact - there were three tins of 2011 Timeless Treasures there - every one of which had been opened and placed back on the shelf no doubt with the cards removed. Seriously Target? You have the cards next to your register and you do not notice someone opening a tin and stealing the cards? You don't find it suspicious at all that someone is sitting there taking the wrap off and taking the cards off of a box? Or maybe that someone takes three tins which were wrapped and puts them back on the shelf with no wrap? Do you ever care?

And seriously thief? You are risking a felony grand lacerny conviction (the dollar threshhold to constitute a felony in Virginia is $200 - the Timeless Treasure tins were marked as $74.99 a piece) which could result in a prison sentence of up to 20 years in Virginia for Timeless Treasures? I hope that all you got were Jordan Todmans with maybe a Bilal Powell for variety.
Oh and one more thing to add, its always cool when you actually get one of the cards displayed on the box (as the Geno Smith Playmakers auto is)

RE: 2013 Press Pass from Target - Almost Heaven
check me for the bailey and smith if ft
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo