`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do these autos of Jose Canseco & Frank Thomas look legit?

Do these autos of Jose Canseco & Frank Thomas look legit?
I'm possibly going in with some users in the near future on a JSA submission and I'm trying to figure out what is worth sending in. I've had the following three cards in my collection for an untold number of years. The Frank Thomas was an Ebay auction I won once upon a time that at one point HAD a COA from "random card shop in America." The two of Jose Canseco actually turned up in one of those "lots" you buy when you first start buying bulk cards on Ebay not knowing any better.

I've done the google image searches on the signatures and I feel pretty confident on the Thomas. I'm not too confident on the other two when looking at some autos but then others seem similar.

You guys are pretty helpful so I'm hitting you up:

[Image: canseco_zps4ccdf46a.jpg]

[Image: frankthomasauto_zpsba9f141c.jpg]

Then the question remains, would the cost of a JSA submission on the Cansecos be worth it for resale? The Thomas is PC all the way so I'm willing to shell out the dough.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Do these autos of Jose Canseco & Frank Thomas look legit?
Actually, the Thomas is the one I question more. It doesn't look "fluid". I don't know really how to explain it, but the lines are not exactly straight in places where they should be if you are signing at normal speed. It looks like there are areas of hesitation. Also, the "F" in Frank starts from the right going left, then up and into an "F". Every other Frank Thomas I have seen starts from the top and comes down, before going back up and to the right in forming the "F". Also- the "F" and the "T" in Thomas usually look VERY much the same in terms of lower loops, which they don't here. Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure that Frank Thomas is a forgery.

Source: he was my hero. :-)

They all look fake to me. Canseco usually has a much bigger "A" in his signature and almost always has his last name going up at a very slight angle (whereas both of yours go down instead of up). The Frank Thomas was signed backwards (i.e. the starting point is where Thomas normally ends). You can tell by the ink mark at the end of the signature. Plus the starting point on the "F" is upside down of how Frank normally starts his F (i.e. he normally signs from the top outside of the F, instead of the inside).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

those Canseco's look like crap.. you want to see his auto's check my website. I have two IP's I got in 09 at a card show on my photo and video page that also show that even in person they are pretty much exact to the pack pulled.

www.josecansecocollector.com

BTW his auto has not changed hardly at all from 86-present.. one of the most consistant out there IMO. If you need IP of his you can buy good ones on Ebay all day long for under $10
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

ya, faker than my ex wife, avoid like the plague (both the cards, and my ex wife lol)
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Thanks guys :-\ I appreciate the honesty.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-11-2013, 12:38 PM)showstopper2 Wrote: those Canseco's look like crap.. you want to see his auto's check my website. I have two IP's I got in 09 at a card show on my photo and video page that also show that even in person they are pretty much exact to the pack pulled.

www.josecansecocollector.com

BTW his auto has not changed hardly at all from 86-present.. one of the most consistant out there IMO. If you need IP of his you can buy good ones on Ebay all day long for under $10
That's a heck of a collection you got going! Nice website too.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(04-11-2013, 07:11 PM)uvaspina Wrote: That's a heck of a collection you got going! Nice website too.
Thank you!
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I think dbrookerd can help you out with the thomas, I have no clue lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

can't speak for the thomas, but the Cansecos definitely look fake -- even if they were authentic you aren't really going to get much of a premium out of him these days (at least for IP/authentic)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors