Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Must read: cool ESPN article about baseball cards

Must read: cool ESPN article about baseball cards
Thought you guys would appreciate this if you haven't seen it already:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/912937...n-magazine
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Must read: cool ESPN article about baseball cards
Nice article. I always wanted to see an episode of "how it's made" on baseball cards from start to finish. One annoying thing I've noticed about Topps cards is the same photographs recycled and reused for multiple different Topps products.

Thanks for sharing!

(04-09-2013, 06:04 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Nice article. I always wanted to see an episode of "how it's made" on baseball cards from start to finish. One annoying thing I've noticed about Topps cards is the same photographs recycled and reused for multiple different Topps products.

Thanks for sharing!
I agree with you on the recycling bit. -I will say though that I've been impressed with the photography, especially in the 2013 product. There are some very cool pics.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Way cool... thanks for the share. I too wish they would show something about how they are created or the designers who come up with the weird (but cool) ideas like GQs Hometown Coin cards... maybe next year there will be "Beginning of a New Generation" cards with a birth year coin! Can you imagine a 1931 Buffalo Nickel with Willie Mays? How about a 1895 Liberty Head V Nickel with Babe Ruth?

Anyone else think those would be awesome?
Here's my concept card...

photo ConceptCard_zpsef643d6b.jpg

What would you pay for it? Or something like it?