`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
100th post- Manning brothers story!

100th post- Manning brothers story!
Yay no more New Member status! Milestone has been reached!
Hope to stay here for a while!

Anyway, I figured I'd share a story and info about me since i'm still
kinda new around here.

I work at the Local Seniors Center part time delivering meals to people's houses. I'm 21 and this is my first job, not the best pay but it's what I could find that fit for me. Met a man on my route that I talk to about sports for a while pretty much everyday. Real cool guy, been around and has done pretty much everything you can do. Well he recently told me that he personally knows Archie Manning from back in the 70's. Said that when Archie was in practice with the Saints, he was trusted with taking care of his sons, some kids named Cooper, Peyton, and Eli. I couldn't believe that I've been talking to the man they call "Pappy", that to this day still get in touch with him! I mean this is someone that helped raise them to be who they are now, obviously not as much as his parents themselves, but children learn from others at a young age! It's awesome enough that I also pass by Dez Bryant's childhood home and stop at their old neighbor's house (which are HUGE cowboys fans- wonder why). I don't ever actually meet the famous, since i'm kinda in a small town and don't get those chances, but I somehow meet the people close to them. I think that's pretty special, and I find out about their little known stories and backgrounds. Anyway there's more minor stuff but this is big enough wall of text as it is. Just thought I would share my anecdote!

Thank you for reading!

[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

RE: 100th post- Manning brothers story!
Nice story. Welcome to Jr status!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Very cool. The stories you hear kind of make you look at the athletes in a different light.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

DF, I know what you mean on not meeting famous people LOL. I was at a Target near my house a few years ago (in Bengal's territory) and the lady standing in line in front of me had a Packers shirt on. I told her I like her shirt, and she said to me, "I have to cheer for them, my brother is on the team". I then asked her who her brother was, and she told me DeShawn Wynn. So, I didn't meet Wynn, I met his sister LOL

Cool story! Nothing to be shameful about with that job, though. I used to do it and make up the meals for them--sometimes it is the only contact these people have. Smile
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Congrats on your milestone! Thanks for sharing and also for what you do.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE

cool story indeed, lets you know how small the world truly is doesnt it!!! stars and celebs may seem like they are light years away but its crazy how you fall upon people who are so close to them. cool stuff man.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

(04-08-2013, 07:17 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Cool story! Nothing to be shameful about with that job, though. I used to do it and make up the meals for them--sometimes it is the only contact these people have. Smile
Yeah, exactly. As a part of my class I had to "volunteer" to do something - me and a friend volunteered at the only "Senior Living" home in my town. We took quite a liking to one elderly lady. We snuck in fried chicken livers to Betty. We decided (awfully!) that her Christmas gift wold be a two pack of menthol cigs...her smoke of choice Smile. We visited her more than her kids or grandkids. It made her week when we came - every Thursday. I put volunteer in parenthesis because it was more of just a cool thing we did and we liked it.

Me and my friend graduated, moved away and lost touch (with her and really, with each other as well) I read her obituary some time later when I was at my parents house. I was glad I met her and became her friend.

So - I didn't think about that aspect of your story. That's what makes this cooler.

Good for you, JR Member Wink

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]