Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Selling/show related questions

Selling/show related questions
Hello everyone,
I've been away from the beckett community and from collecting for awhile. My dad had passed away from cancer and he got me started on the hobby, so it was tough to be interested in it. I have started getting back into it again, and recently purchased around 30,000 mixed sport cards collection + Starting Lineup Collection and a 30,000 card basketball collection from Craigslist.

Now, I am looking at moving some of the cards. Making a huge profit isn't the goal, but there are a lot of inserts, rookies, base, commons, etc that I either don't collect, or don't really want. What is the best way to sell cards? I have done ebay before, and am thinking about doing it again. I am also doing my first show in a few weeks.

My plan at this time is to have boxes loaded with cards for .10 each, and then .25 star boxes. Then my main cards on display.

Do any of you have any other tips on selling? Now, money isn't a big deal, but I want to make a portion back on what I spent for the collections for what I don't want to keep

Thanks!
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

RE: Selling/show related questions
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan already. Good luck selling the stuff you don't want and welcome back.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

That is kinda what i have been doing and imhave a box with the litte higher stuff with the bv on back of sleeve and charge a % of that
Photobucket

(04-08-2013, 06:50 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: That is kinda what i have been doing and imhave a box with the litte higher stuff with the bv on back of sleeve and charge a % of that
You dont reccomend putting prices on the front? I have seen a few shows where they do it on the back. I suppose it makes sense though, that way you dont have to look up a value, and it gets people to ask about it.
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

I'd do what rooster said (price on back).

By putting the price on the front of cards (say showing book price is $x.xx, sale price is $x.xx) you take a risk of no one wanting to work with you on prices, or it may work in your favor depending upon how low you go with prices.

By putting the price on the back, it allows buyers to interact with you, and possibly get a better deal on cards in a packaged style deal.

It also makes the buyer feel like you're not just a card pirate out to get as much money as you can from them, and you are actually into the sport as well.

Good example is this: I go to a local card show at times and there is always one seller who barely even talks to the buyers, and more or less just watches everyone like a hawk. He only has mid-high end cards, and is asking fair/high prices for them.

Barely working to ever work a deal and is firm. Even when you tell him I saw you bought this on "x site" for $100 less, he basically says well you should have bought it then, and won't knock his prices down even $20. Yes, a seller has the option to make their own prices, but a $200 whale card, and you're just being asked to go to $180 just lost you a $200 sale in my eyes.

Just my .02 on being in a family business on the side for the last 9 years and seeing how they make sales with customers during the hard times is one thing and it's helped me when making trades with other traders.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA