`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream of the '90's: (2) '97 Stadium Club Series 1 & (2) '96 Pinnacle Summit

Dream of the '90's: (2) '97 Stadium Club Series 1 & (2) '96 Pinnacle Summit
I promised '97 Donruss Signature next but it's taking its sweet time coming across the border from Canada, so, this is what I have in the meantime....

I blew it on the Stadium Club pickup ($31 dlvd) and completely forgot to verify Hobby vs. Retail (yea, seriously, impulse buy...still hungover from my '99 stadium club success). The margins on this '90's stuff is slim to none so a painful error. No co-signers in Retail and one of the retail only inserts (firebrands) was a redemption. Doh! As for the Summit ($38 dlvd), heavy gloss, black borders and coming in from Hawaii led to some sticky, stuck cards. You screw around with 15+ year product, it's bound to happen. Luckily the inserts went unscathed without the high gloss/black borders. So much for set building though. Time to reel it in and reinforce my discipline with purchase selections. This break is definitely the counter to my 90's success thus far. Without further ado:

The Breakdown:

'97 Stadium Club - 24 packs/6 cards per pack

TSC 2000 (SP) - 1:3
Instavision - 1:36
Millennium - 1:36
Firebrand - 1:36
Pure Gold - 1:108
Matrix Parallel - 1:18

'96 Summit - 18 packs/7 cards per pack

Breakdown not provided, overall "chase card" odds, 1:5

[Image: 97StadiumClub.jpg]

Matrix Fred McGriff
Matrix Shane Reynolds
Matrix Mark Grudzielanek
Millennium Marty Cordova
Firebrand (redemption) Frank Thomas
Instavision Brady Anderson
Instavision Paul Molitor

[Image: 96Summit2.jpg]

Artist's Proof Edgar Martinez
Ballparks Albert Belle (3809/8000)
Ballparks Mo Vaughn (1261/8000)
Hitter's Inc. Albert Belle (3095/4000)

[Image: 96Summit1.jpg]

Above and Beyond: Young, Puckett, Brogna, Vizquel, Gant, Davis, Carter, Larkin

So, after these breaks I broke my blaster vow. Picked up a GQ blaster and 3 discounted blasters ('12 BC, Pete Rose & '12 A&G). The Rose was as expected, an auto and even managed a complete base set. Hit a nice Buckel auto in the chrome, the A&G was not newsworthy. The GQ is beautiful, did well with the odds but nothing jawdropping.

[Image: RoseAuto.jpg]
[Image: Gypsy2.jpg]
[Image: Gypsy1.jpg]

That's all until next time!

RE: Dream of the '90's: (2) '97 Stadium Club Series 1 & (2) '96 Pinnacle Summit
u know im loving the tribe stuff, i cannot get the concept of the leaf rose product. how is a pete rose auto only worth $15...it just doesnt make sense
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(04-07-2013, 07:07 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: u know im loving the tribe stuff, i cannot get the concept of the leaf rose product. how is a pete rose auto only worth $15...it just doesnt make sense
Rose, from everything I can gather, is probably the most prolific signer ever. It takes him actually 4 seconds to sign his name and he will do any and all card shows. Law of supply & demand working in the marketplace..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Nice memories
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK