`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
what is the advantage of a sniper service?

what is the advantage of a sniper service?
i've got a question regarding sniping on the bay...what is the real advantage of using a sniper service when you have the ability to just put in your highest bid that you would pay at any time of the auction? if you use a sniper service you're pretty much doing the same thing right?

say for instance, an auction i find has 5 days left and is at $0.99. if i feel as if the maximum i would pay for that item is $100, then i put in a bid with 5 days remaining of $100, the bid amount doesn't move higher until someone else puts in a bid. if another watcher decides they want to pay $75, then when they place their bid it goes to $75.25, with my bid still being the highest. if another watcher decides to put in $100.05 then i'm losing. if i used a sniper service, and i say $100 is my highest, if a buyer comes along and puts in that bid for $100.05, then the sniper service wouldn't matter right?

just wondering what the real advantage a sniper service would give me.

RE: what is the advantage of a sniper service?
It keeps the auction from "inflating" until the final seconds, as in, some one thinks they're getting a card for $5 and the sniper service bids $6 at the last second, you get it for $5.25 or whatever ... but if you put in $6 with like a day left or whatever, it's going to alert everyone else that someone else is trying to get it.

Like, I just sniped a Trout about an hour ago. With 10 seconds left it was at like $12, I got it for $15 and change by placing my bid with 7 seconds left.

Had I put in my max bid (27.27, LOL) like a day before, it would have already been up in the 20s most likely with a few minutes left.

So you save yourself some cash, too.

(04-05-2013, 11:30 PM)kstjst Wrote: i've got a question regarding sniping on the bay...what is the real advantage of using a sniper service when you have the ability to just put in your highest bid that you would pay at any time of the auction? if you use a sniper service you're pretty much doing the same thing right?

say for instance, an auction i find has 5 days left and is at $0.99. if i feel as if the maximum i would pay for that item is $100, then i put in a bid with 5 days remaining of $100, the bid amount doesn't move higher until someone else puts in a bid. if another watcher decides they want to pay $75, then when they place their bid it goes to $75.25, with my bid still being the highest. if another watcher decides to put in $100.05 then i'm losing. if i used a sniper service, and i say $100 is my highest, if a buyer comes along and puts in that bid for $100.05, then the sniper service wouldn't matter right?

just wondering what the real advantage a sniper service would give me.

So it's basically to not alert anyone that you're actually interested in it...I can see the point of that.

Any suggestions on a good sniper service to use?

(04-05-2013, 11:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It keeps the auction from "inflating" until the final seconds, as in, some one thinks they're getting a card for $5 and the sniper service bids $6 at the last second, you get it for $5.25 or whatever ... but if you put in $6 with like a day left or whatever, it's going to alert everyone else that someone else is trying to get it.

Like, I just sniped a Trout about an hour ago. With 10 seconds left it was at like $12, I got it for $15 and change by placing my bid with 7 seconds left.

Had I put in my max bid (27.27, LOL) like a day before, it would have already been up in the 20s most likely with a few minutes left.

So you save yourself some cash, too.

Agree with what RJ said - Placing a bid with more than a few seconds left you are opening yourself up to be shilled up. I personally dont use a snipe program - I am my own snipe Big Grin If I cant bid in the last second I dont bid at all.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I use it primarily for two reasons...1) Place a bid on an item, so I don't forget to bid. and the biggest reason 2) Eliminate the shilling of the item....it happens all the time.

Set a snipe and move on. You will increase your wins.