`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
*Update RAVENS?* Rolando McClain waived. Thoughts?

*Update RAVENS?* Rolando McClain waived. Thoughts?
So I'm seeing that it appears McClain may be headed to Baltimore.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...witter_atl

I'm pretty excited about this. Potential to have 3 Alabama alums (McClain, Upshaw, Cody) on the field at one time for Baltimore! Should've guessed ole Ozzie Newsome (another Bama grad) would be the guy to give him a second go round. Plus, as the article says, Balt runs a similar defense to the one he excelled in at Bama. Perhaps we will see the Lambert/Butkus award winning McClain again after all. Good structured environment in that organization as well.

Any thoughts from Ravens fans?

I had such high hopes for Rolo coming out of Bama. Thought he'd be the next great Alabama linebacker in the pros, following Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, and Demeco Ryans.

He does have a thug side, which showed a few times at Alabama, and now a few times in the pros.

Did see something where he told the Raiders org before they drafted him that he wasn't comfortable in Oakland, being so far from home. Granted when you're a grown man, you have to get over that and play up to the level you're getting paid to play at.

He's still young, so here's hoping he doesn't waste his talent and finds a spot where he can contribute.

I'll never forget when he did this to new Patriots wr Amendola though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk

Roll Tide Rolo
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

RE: Rolando McClain waived. Thoughts?
The Raiders have an unreal record of releasing top 10 picks the last few years:

2006: Michael Huff: Gone
2007: JaMarcus Russell: Gone
2009: Darrius Heyward Bey: Gone
2010: Rolando McClain: Gone

I think Rolando was the highest pick at No. 8.

They are gutting to the bone in Oakland.

(04-05-2013, 07:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think Rolando was the highest pick at No. 8.
Jamarcus was #1 overall.

i am seriously convinced that the Raiders front office is trying to make us the very worst team in football. What are we gonna let go next, the Black Hole?????
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

I like to think every time a bammer is waived, an angel gets its wings

; )

Haha spazzyvol, well you're lucky the Vols produced my favorite non-Bama LB in Mayo or I'd have some rude things to say back! lol

(04-05-2013, 07:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The Raiders have an unreal record of releasing top 10 picks the last few years:

2006: Michael Huff: Gone
2007: JaMarcus Russell: Gone
2009: Darrius Heyward Bey: Gone
2010: Rolando McClain: Gone

I think Rolando was the highest pick at No. 8.

They are gutting to the bone in Oakland.
I think this could be due to some problems in the Al Davis-era drafting process. Heyward Bey should've never gone where he did, ahead of Crabtree (kinda understandable since he was hurt at the time) and Percy Harvin. Heyward Bey was No. 7 overall btw, as was Huff. So Rolo was actually the lowest pick.

Good riddance to him! He was an overpaid thug who couldn't defend the pass.. He will not be missed
(04-05-2013, 07:48 PM)geddon81 Wrote: i am seriously convinced that the Raiders front office is trying to make us the very worst team in football. What are we gonna let go next, the Black Hole?????
Next year the Raiders will have somewhere between 40-69 million in cap space. The front office is taking all their lumps at once and shedding all the overpaid and under producing "talent" and locker room cancers from the team while bringing in solid yet unspectacular talent that they can afford. I love what our front office is doing as the guys we got rid of weren't bringing us any wins and their contracts were killing us.

+1

(04-06-2013, 09:10 AM)krayzie83 Wrote: Good riddance to him! He was an overpaid thug who couldn't defend the pass.. He will not be missed

Next year the Raiders will have somewhere between 40-69 million in cap space. The front office is taking all their lumps at once and shedding all the overpaid and under producing "talent" and locker room cancers from the team while bringing in solid yet unspectacular talent that they can afford. I love what our front office is doing as the guys we got rid of weren't bringing us any wins and their contracts were killing us.
[Image: aldavis.png]

To be fair, he was never good against the pass. Not in high school, not in college. So if the Raiders brought him in looking for a good pass defending LB then they didn't do their homework.

good!
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.